I started a Norton live update at 7 am this morning. The size is 136.37 MB, and it's taken over an hour to download around 9:83 MB.
I've tried to run this download every morning, before 8 am, for 3 days now. Two days ago I downloaded a TV episode via PlayOn Cloud; the episode was 650MB and downloaded in 15 minutes; after that download, I tried to run the Norton update of less than 150MB and it didn't work.
Congestion, or the same issue that's making iMessage images not go through, and making iCloud, Google Drive, and DropBox not load?
Testmy results: https://testmy.net/quickstats/maratsade
Are you on SDO? I know Mark has been having serious issues with Microsoft related stuff the last few days, as have I... Could be a side-effect of them trying to load-balance everything. Updates are probably being pushed to the very bottom as far as priority goes.
I would recommend disabling IPv6 everywhere. It's helping with most of the https issues.
Still think there is still some problems with the routing to some places like github and update.microsoft .com. Perhaps Norton is part of that, but you can try going IPv4-only and see if it fixes it.
First need to disable it on the modem via the router settings:
1. Go to http://192.168.42.1 and log in to the router
2. Navigate to Advanced Setup -> IPv6
3. Unclick IPv6 Automatic.
Next go through your computer's internet settings. On my Mac I had to play games to get the IPv6 to point to nothing by:
1. Setting Configure IPv6 to Manually
2. Going into DNS settings and setting that manually to 192.168.0.1, deleting the IPv6 DNS from it.
3. Then going back to Configure IPv6 to Automatic.
Just want to make sure there's no trace of an IPv6 IP showing anywhere in the settings.
Edit: Might be a good idea to do something similar as this to the wifi settings on your Apple products.