cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing DNS Lookup Error HN9000S

Junior

Re: Ongoing DNS Lookup Error HN9000S

That would be a better upgrade, from 7000s to Gen4.  We were going to do that, but when we moved to 9000 it was right in the middle of the Gen4 launch and early plans were much more limited than they are now.  And our upgrade to 9000 was forced by hardware failure so our choice was really made for us.  Good thing too, or we'd probably be stuck on one of the early more restricted Gen4 plans

I can say I definitely believe that for loyal and legacy customers there will probably be lots of upgrade freebies and deep discounts. As to what they actually will be, I don't know. The time between the launch of the satellite into space and the actual launch of the service itself are different, we don't have all the details.

What I would compare it to is when we launched Gen4 - many customers received free hardware upgrade offers depending on their current status. Meaning free equipment and installation... as the time gets closer we'll know more, but I think BirdDog can attest that even then, we can get you upgraded to Gen4 or the new satellite at a better deal than what you would find over the phone.

Amanda
Junior

Thanks for the reply back Amanda, wasn't sure if we'd loose you discussing that or not, happy to see you checked back in to reply!

We've been a customer for a LONG time, since 2006!  And without a hardware failure we'd probably still have talked ourselves into staying on 7000 setup ha!

I think we may be open to more heavily considering a move if we could be assured of similar monthly payment totals.  We can't really afford to pay more than our current plan, and maybe with Gen4 even though we'd run out early in the month the smart browsing speeds would still allow us to happily survive the last week or two.

If we was to setup an upgrade to Gen4 with you here, what kind of deal could you offer?  We are 10 year customers and out of contract for both service and hardware.  Currently do not have a lease fee and would like to keep it that way, hopefully even with an upgrade you could make this possible! Smiley Happy  We pay $49 monthly + $5 invoice (58.49 monthly base costs after taxes) + usually several tokens set purchases each month ($25 worth this month gosh it doesn't seem like that much more when you purchase a set but it adds up quick!).

Or would those kind of moves only be possibly now with the new system once it's ready.  Early adoption may not be ideal for us, since uptime is critical and we know the early plans often get locked in and aren't usually the better of what eventually becomes the norm.
Junior

Ha, it's a good thing you're here to help Amanda Smiley Happy
No plans here, when looking from the shop/upgrade tab on top left haha

Correct address was there, I edited it out of the image. 
Must be a glitch somewhere Smiley Happy

I'll fork this reply so we can discuss account information privately. I'll leave the technical post open so we can go back to it if needed.

Please reference the new conversation here: re: Gen4 upgrade offer
Junior

Thanks for leaving open, in case I need later! 

I was wondering if we could talk private here or not, thanks!