Hughesnet Community

Ongoing problem - can't unfap! We have tokens to use to unfap but always sats site unavailable when try to unfap

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonnydunn

Ongoing problem - can't unfap! We have tokens to use to unfap but always sats site unavailable when try to unfap

I have called in on this before to no avail!  We are now fapp'd for 24 hours -and when I try to unfap it says site unavailable - when I called in before they couldn't unfap either and after I was on the phone for 30 minutes just said forget it ! I don't understand why I need to be on the phone for a problem to be fixed!!  One that is not in my end!!
23 REPLIES 23
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

How are you trying to use tokens? Must use the Status Meter or through My Dashboard:  http://my.hughesnet.com/

There is an outdated page that will not work, you may be using that.

EDIT: With the Status Meter you need to click on Purchase Tokens then it will show ones already available to use.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

As BirdDog stated, you are using an old outdated legacy page that isn't maintained anymore... To purchase tokens, please use the Status Meter, or, log into your account at http://my.hughesnet.com to use your tokens.
Amanda

Hello bonnydunn,
Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I was able to locate your account by your email address and take a look at your previous calls with us. I do see that you exchanged emails with a corporate officer who explained our upgrade offer & the opportunity to cancel without early termination fees due to your problems. If you have changed your mind about cancelling, have you considered upgrading from your HN7000S system?

Thank you
Amanda
bonnydunn

I called in last time -and went through 30 mins of hughesnet tryig to figure out and unfap on their end -case no  53678490  where exatly should I go on hughesnet to restore - I've looked on the website and was on the phone with your tech support who couldn't figure it out eiher - - san t000118614 - 

As far as the cancelling -the last person I spoke with thought she had the issues worked out  53923669
lilly - 

The main reason for cancelling or considering is because I was promised a package last year that you kept overcharging me for and due to autobill pay didn't notice - I was going to quit hughes but case no 51461313 Steven MArtinez promised me he would make sure I actually got what I was promised for the year of 2016.  The promise wasa $30 discount each month - 

I was offered that discount last year to keep me as a customer -but you kept overcharging me and I kept having to call in - seems like nothing changed this year -I insisted on paper billing for free so I could catch the errors and there has only been one month when your billing was actually able to keep it's promise.

There are no early termination fees to be waived -I've been a customer way too long - 

What I don't understand is how your corporate office thinks I'm out of line for expecting to receive what I was promised - 

I have no desire to upgrade because the service as far as internet goes is fine while it works and the important part of this service is the unlimited time during off-peak hours.  The new plan is not that generous.  This system works fine we are just being over-charged based on our agreement that apparantly I am out of line for expecting hughesnet to uphold.

here are my notes from all my calls with Hughes since last DEC

Called in Dec 9th -  promised in compensation for all the screwed up prior billing
jan = free

feb =19.99

mar-dec = 49.99

2mon - July / Sept = from people

$90 for 3 months not credited.
Jan free 

Jan 6th -spoke with  Tyrone case #51933524
zeroed out balance for January and made Feb 19.99
Mar-Dec = 49.99
no charge for receiving invoices in the mail - 

Feb-Dec @49.99/month

Call back dec 14th -said not acknowledging the free 

Carlos - 

Feb 5th - received bill for $79.99 called in -supposedly will now be sure bill correctly generated for $49.99

CASE NO 52559469

Bill generated for $103-$104 - said I was past due - 
Called in - Mar 17 2016
... can’t find the $49.99

case # 53120479 (53min call)

says will apply $30 credit to next bill but doesn’t explain the $30 supposed to already be getting - next month should be $19.99

$30 
Louise Mendoza

20mar
ref# 53161576
promised again— 

new ref # 53161629
promising remove past due
internet working w/in hour
 alisha....
(25min call)

6:12...  6:51 
now xferred to mgr Owen Fritzer

says he says the $30 credit on my account but has to figure out how to make it reflect.  For now he will extend my due date so the late notices quit - will examine the account and try and make some sense of the credits and amounts owed.

I offered to pay the rest of the year in advance.

April Payment is pending right now - so May--Dec would be 8 months=$399.92

(the only other no would be $449.91 which does not take into accoutn the amount pending for April)

Owen says he will write good notes on the account and call me back if need be

mar28th  call in again   (40 min)
9:26am--
Pearla Jones-in brownsville tx

april 2nd will show 0 balance
May2  $49.99
will apply credits etc and pop up msgs will disappear

April 15 -10 min call says $30 owed -(too tired to care - -supposed to have been 0 for april)
Sabrina

called in Thurs -21st -Fappd’d as usual can’t unfap on the phone for 

case 53678490  

no balance
ref# 53820320

phone call 6may2016 started 444pm -reference new bill for $79.99 
very nice and helpful
will receive email -
case no - 53923669
lilly - 

bonnydunn

Please tell me exactly where on hughesnet to restore!!   tech support ob phone couldn't figure it out and i don't see any place - 

thanks
Amanda

Bonny - when you go to http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com and look on the first page do you see a link that says "Token Management"? Let me know if you get any errors when you access that page - or post a screenshot so we can check it out.

Thanks
Amanda
bonnydunn

bonnydunn

no token history available - last contact w/hughes was this

May10 start call 3:56
issue -can’t unfap & ask if billing resolved from last call.

case 53976490 Jerry Varga  (waiting for phone transfer to supervisor - already waited 5+mins already supposedly transferring me supervisor -nothing accomplished yet 4:16pm

anna lee -supervisor 

They swore they would call me back within 2 days and that it would be escalated to advanced tech support - -of course I have heard nothing back -- 

I don't come check this website out regularly - and I have other things to do than spend my life on the phone with Hughes - ....
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Have you cycled power on the modem previously to see if that corrects it? If yes, then there is a glitch in the system for your account and most likely the reps here are gone for the weekend.
bonnydunn

Power has been cycled  -left off etc --- this problem has been going on for several months!  We have been unable to unfap for several months -we are not fapp'd now so it doesn't matter -just would like to know we can use the tokens before we discontinue Hughes @ the end of June.  
bonnydunn

Biggest complaint is lack of follow through -I can speak to agents who really want to help -and try -they make promises - but those promises aren't followed up on ... 
bonnydunn

so any word?? Did my case ever make to advanced support?
Amanda

Hi Bonny

Sorry for the delay. Thank you for posting that screenshot! It really clears things up. There has to be an issue with your account and the website not linking together... I have to send this to an engineer or developer to be looked into, but it is a step in the right direction. I really do appreciate your patience.

Thank you
Amanda
bonnydunn

thanks
Amanda

Hi Bonny

With the weekend coming up I just wanted to let you know we have not forgotten about you. We are still waiting on an update for the escalation of your case, but may not hear back until Monday or Tuesday. I just wanted to make sure you were kept in the loop on that. I hope that you have a good weekend.

Thank you
Amanda
bonnydunn

Hmmmm ... May 10th I called in - -it was supposed to have been escalated then - thanks for letting me know - -all i want to do is be able to unfap if we get fapp'd  -it's crazy that can't even accomplish this if we call in!
Bridget Markham

How Mach do u have to pay to get tokens
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It was escalated AFAIK, but, it takes time for engineers to look into things and get back with ECC(The CSR's here...) on what they find and what they are doing.
Bonny Dunn

I suppose engineering still trying to figure out -
Amanda

Hi Bonny
Yes, we did receive a message earlier that they are still actively working on this. I will post back when I have more information. I appreciate you waiting for the fix, we'll be sure to compensate you for this somehow.

Thank you
Amanda