Highlighted
Freshman

Outage

When is the system coming back online? It’s been 24 hours
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Outage

The system's up.  Can you give more details about what you're experiencing? For example, are all lights on the modem off?  When did the problem begin?  The mods won't be able to do much for you without a more detailed post from you.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Missy wrote:
When is the system coming back online? It’s been 24 hours

Highlighted
Freshman

The system keeps cycling on and off. All lights but transmit and system come on, then the modem restarts
Highlighted

Can you access this page at all?  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/summary

If you can, what is the state code there? 

I'm not sure if the Hughesnet reps are here today -- they may be off until Wednesday due to the holiday.  I guess you could try the 800 number or the chat too.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Missy wrote:
The system keeps cycling on and off. All lights but transmit and system come on, then the modem restarts

Highlighted
Freshman

It started yesterday morning
Highlighted
Freshman

I can’t get to that page. But when I pull up my account it does say some people are experiencing connection problems. We’re in central Kentucky
Highlighted

That's probably what it is. Hughesnet is having an issue with one of their network providers, so the only thing to do is wait until HN and the provider having the issue fix this. Apparently they're working on it.  I hope it gets fixed quickly for you.

@Missy wrote:
I can’t get to that page. But when I pull up my account it does say some people are experiencing connection problems. We’re in central Kentucky

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

I think a lot of it had to do with the CenturyLink issue.  It seems their problem affected a LOT of internet subscribers, regardless of provider.  

Reminds me of when that fiber line was accidentally cut many months ago.  That was a fun time.  Smiley Tongue 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

Ugh, that doesn’t sound good. Day 2 no internet. Hopefully they give free gb for this!
Highlighted

Because the CenturyLink outage is not Hughesnet's fault, they may not give free tokens, but we can always hope for the best.  The outage apparently continues to affect a huge number of subscribers to many different ISPs.  I imagine/hope CenturyLink is working with their ISP customers (such as Hughesnet) to restore service, but depending on what it is that went wrong, it may take some time.  The whole situation is awful, especially the loss of 911 services in so many places. 

@Missy wrote:
Ugh, that doesn’t sound good. Day 2 no internet. Hopefully they give free gb for this!