Hughesnet Community

Over all! The speed for years has been nothing close to what we pay for.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1971mach1

Over all! The speed for years has been nothing close to what we pay for.

My bill jumped up to $100 a month to get better speeds and more download and I see no improvement after many tech.
support calls. We don’t usually hit our download quote as all our complaints are about the speed.  During the week I do work at home for 911 Law, Fire, EMS system support and my wife is a teacher trying to do work evenings or weekends and though I somewhat get by daily during the normal work week after hours or weekends it sucks to wait 3-5 minutes just to access a web site (download speed drops to like 1.x Mbps or even less).  I do check the download allowance and these ongoing slow times have nothing to do with exceeding our download limit, To: Hughes - I have another provider installing in parallel this Friday/Monday so I can test both to see what option for us is working best for speed daytime, evenings, and weekends. Kind of know who will win.
1 REPLY 1
Amanda

Hello 1971mach1,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us. I was able to locate your account and review the recent notes. From what I am seeing, you let our support agent know that you use a VPN. If so, please know that this is not something recommended to be used over any satellite internet connection due to latency.

I do also see that from a series of tests there was some definitive results that came of one of your calls. Below is a screenshot of an agent's notes from your call to us on 2/14 (case: 102708997). At this point we do recommend reaching out to Netgear and finding out what sort of advice they can offer.

(click to enlarge)

Thank you
Amanda