cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST UPDATE OF DOWN SERVER

POST UPDATE OF DOWN SERVER

Since the lines are busy, it would be nice if HughesNet addressed the down server issue on Twitter or any other social media site. New to HughesNet and am dissapointed in the lack of support options.
Tags (2)
20 REPLIES 20
Assistant Professor

Re: POST UPDATE OF DOWN SERVER

Pretty sure AT&T, Comcast nor any other ISP does that.

Associate Professor

Seeing as most customers don't have internet right now... How would they check social media?  That aside, Hughesnet has made an announcement.

outage.PNG

Spectator

Its like they are hiding from thier customers

Associate Professor

No, it's called a Holiday, and this forum is staffed by corporate level employees that would have the day/night off. Chances are it will take more than an hour for them to get to the office if the company thinks they need to come in.

Sophomore

Most people have cell phones with a data plan that is how Corrosive. If this was posted on twitter I would have found out 30 minutes ago this was the issue.
Associate Professor

Most people that live in rural areas are lucky to get a signal strong enough for browsing the internet.  That aside, if one has internet access and issues, the best place to check for the most up to date information is always here at the Community.

Assistant Professor

@chrisjeanette wrote:
Most people have cell phones with a data plan that is how Corrosive. If this was posted on twitter I would have found out 30 minutes ago this was the issue.

I'm not aware of any ISP's that post outages on Twitter or other social media. Please prove me wrong if I am.

Sophomore

What is your point. It would be nice to put that information out on any outlet you have to get the word out to your customers is my point. Im not going to go do research on comcast, charter, direct tv, etc to see if they have ever alerted there customers of an outage. I will tell you when I had charter you could call there 1-800 number and they would notify you of an outage. When you try and call hughesnet its either a busy tone or keeps ringing.
Sophomore

Also just because other ISPs are not doing it doesn't mean you shouldn't.