cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss on outbound voice calls

Highlighted
New Poster

Packet loss on outbound voice calls

I'm attempting to keep this post calm and fact-based, however I'm at the end of my rope. I've had flawless voice service for over a year. Five weeks ago my phone service began garbling my voice to a caller although I can hear my callers 100% fine. I've made daily phone calls to Voice Support to no avail. I receive the exact same script which I can repeat verbatim. I won't suffer you to recall it here. I have a notebook with 5 weeks of notes and over 25 trouble tickets. HughesNet Engineering determines that I have packet loss and closes the ticket as if determining the problem IS the solution. Every call I make starts from scratch, I'm required to explain the problem, complete the same useless trouble-shooting steps which results in a new trouble ticket and a heart-felt promise that the problem will be escalated. This is like Groundhog Day in the Twilight Zone. I suspect the underlying technology is a marvel considering what it takes to process a satellite voice call, but how can one get Hughes to actually address a problem? I'm paying for non-existent voice service with no end in sight..

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Packet loss on outbound voice calls

@18elle811

You've come to the right place.  The reps, who are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, will be the ones who help you.  

With that said, though I imagine you already do due to having the phone service, it would be a good idea to keep your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  I only mention this in the off chance that you unplug your modem, for whatever reason.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Hi 18elle811,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly look into this for you. I've pulled up your account and can see the numerous cases about this. Let me escalate this directly to my VOIP engineer here at corporate to see what he makes of this and what he suggests. I'll let you know if we have additional questions for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
New Poster

Liz,

Any news? I live in a rural area. HughesNet is my only means of Internet and voice service. I need to drive 3 miles to obtain cell service. I'm in the 7th week now of crippled phone service. I'm off to drive 3 miles to make my bi-daily phone call to Voice Support and experience the identical conversation I've had about 25 times now, receive another trouble ticket and receive repeated assurances that my problem has been escalated to the highest levels of Engineering for resolution.

I'd hoped that my problem was part of a larger technical problem which would resolve once the larger problem was fixed. At 7 weeks I've concluded this must be an isolated issue, with no solution ever to arrive. I base my pessimism upon dealing with the Voice Support group and its utter lack of a resolution outcome. I have a couple dozen trouble tkts, I'm on my 3rd ATA and wondering how, after a year of flawless voice quality, I have a useless phone line.

Julian (a carbon-based life form now wholly dependent upon silicon-based applications)

Highlighted

Good morning Julian,

Thank you for your patience, I'm sorry the updates are scarce. The latest news I have is that engineering is currently testing a fix for dropped calls that would be rolled out in a modem update. I don't have any timeline for their testing or rollout phase, but as soon as I have any news to share, I'll let you know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.