Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls Dropping and Inability to Stream

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Phone Calls Dropping and Inability to Stream

@jerroldtaylor2 

If you choose to keep going with the troubleshooting...

This is the link the reps will need...  https://testmy.net/quickstats/JTaylor   That way they can not only view each test individually, but as a whole.  

With this said, going forward, please use the 25MB file size for download tests and the 4MB file size for upload tests.  You can choose those sizes with the scheduled testing.  The consistency helps the reps see patterns and it also ensures that the tests run "long" enough.   You can set it up like the following, though the testing frequency is up to you. 

Capture.JPG

They'll likely be able to use remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to see what's causing the connection interruptions, as in whether the modem is actually losing its connection to the satellite or if it's something having to do with the net itself, or even a cause other than those.  Whatever the case, something's going on, that's for sure.  

If you do decide to cancel, though, that's understandable.  And you're very welcome for the help.  I just wish it could be fixed for you.  However, even if they do get the general disconnection and phone issues fixed, the streaming may very well still be a problem with the current system load, so at the end of the day it still may not be what you need.  PlayOn Cloud can get around that for a lot of things, but I know that for some things that may not really be a viable option (like for streaming something live).  Smiley Sad

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: Phone Calls Dropping and Inability to Stream

Dear GabeU,

Thank you again, I set up the test properly this time at 25 for download and 4 for upload and put it on 3 hr intervals.  Thank you for the advice.