cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Porting Problems.

Highlighted

Phone Number Porting Problems.

This is probably another waste of my time and money but here goes. I have finally had enough and canceled my service on 6/7/16. That date is critical because it is two days past my 30 day trial period and I am being charged a ridiculous cancellation fee of $400. The reason I canceled was due to Hughesnet's inability to port my previous phone number which has been in my family since 1965. The only reason my mother got a phone at that time was so she could stay in contact with the hospital where my father was a terminally ill patient. I do not want to lose that number. I initiated the porting request on 5/5/16 which is the day my service started. After multiple phone conversations with Hughesnet's customer support and two separate porting requests I have been unable to convince these incompetent fools that my old number is still active. As a matter of fact, I am still using that number through Verizon. I was so upset during my last service call that I canceled both my phone service and my internet service. Even though I asked about the cancellation fees during a phone conversation on 6/3/16 and was assured that if I canceled before the porting request was completed, even if I did so after the 30 day trial period was over, I would not be charged any cancellation fees. On 6/7/16 I received a voice message that my second porting request had been canceled because my previous phone number, which I am still using through Verizon, was no longer in service. That was magically two days after the 30 day trial period had expired. Now I am getting billed $400. What a ripoff! I would never, ever recommend Hughesnet to my worst enemy much less a friend or relative.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Phone Number Porting Problems.

Good morning blksn8k,

Welcome to our community and thank you for posting. We're definitely going to help you out and get this resolved. It sounds like if our representative told you that you can cancel outside of your 30 day trial period that they extended it, but you still somehow were charged the early termination fee. We can use your e-mail address you signed up with to locate your account, so you will not need to provide any account information. 

In regards to your porting issues, some areas of the United States where we provide voice service are not serviced by certain "hubs" we can call them and therefore we cannot port a number through there. We can check if this was the case. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and will get back to you with more information.

Thank you
Amanda 
Highlighted

Re: Phone Number Porting Problems.

Hello blksn8k,

Thank you for waiting for my response, I appreciate your patience. I've reviewed your account and see that when the original phone number port request was requested there was an issue because you had 2 different addresses on your account. This cause the port process to fail and therefore had to be resubmitted. 

I do see that you did go through many phone calls where you told our agents it was active, but our actual phone system was not picking at up. The service managers for voice service have made a manual adjustment and as of 6/3/16 had re-submitted your request to port the phone number over. 

In regards to the 6/3/16 call, our agent informed you that if you cancelled the voice service there would be no early termination fees because of your troubles, however there is an early termination fee for the Voice service and one for the HughesNet service. 

Since you have until 7/5/16 before your service fully cancels, would you like me to investigate with our corporate voice manager here and see if he can tell if the port will be successful? 

Thank you
Amanda