Hughesnet Community

Phone not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atomicmelanie

Phone not working

ATA has the first 2 lights lit. Internet light (2nd light) blinks intermittently. Neither of the phone lights are lit.

Have tried unplugging ATA, modem and router. Have verified all are connected properly and no connections are loose. Tried calling my number from a different phonemail, calls go directly to voice-mail. My phone has been out since at least 8:00 this morning.

Verified all is set up as follows: PLEASE HELP!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I think there's an issue at Hughesnet right now...  I know of at least 3 others that have started reporting this same issue.

No dial tone, orange light on line 1?
atomicmelanie

No light at all on line 1. No dial tone.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It will be Monday before an Official Hughesnet Rep responds to this post most likely, but it seems there's a large outage for the VoIP service.  I sadly have no details, nor any idea when service will be restored.
Skully
New Poster

My phone hasn't worked all day.  I have internet, but no phone.  I was able to chat with a tech person and he informed me the loss of phone is a known issue and HughesNet staff is working on it.  It will come on when it comes on. I wish they had a better way of telling us this information than having us fret about it on our own.  I see they have a facebook page, why don't they post something about it there?  I just seems rude to not notify paying customers when something is wrong on their end - you know (or maybe it is just me that feels that way).  At least the internet still works!
austinsmom09
Freshman

i am haveing the same problem no light on phone one no dile tone been out since 3 this am wonder how long its gonna take to fix it i chatede with hughes net this morning on line they said they are working on it and they know of the issue and i wasnt the only one.i still yet have no phone any one else has theirs back on yet if so how long did it take.
Skully
New Poster

Mine went out around 7:30AM Eastern time, and is still out @ 4:05PM Eastern time.
atomicmelanie

Mine is working now, don't know what happened
Skully
New Poster

Joy and Rapture!  The phone is now working, I hope yours is too!  
Amanda

Hello,

Glad to hear everyone is back up. There was a very long degradation for Voice services on the 17th and we do apologize for that. Unfortunately satellite internet is very unpredictable at times, so being able to provide updates on places like Facebook, Twitter or even through the internet service is difficult to staff and monitor.  I do hope we can eventually develop a clean system to provide automated alerts, as that would make things much easier!

Thank you & Happy Holidays,
Amanda