cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number to transfer (port) not happening

Phone number to transfer (port) not happening

Have been told since June 21, 2016 that my number will transfer...10 days passed, then on July 7 told it would be connected that day, now told that tomorrow July 15 it will connect.  Let's say I have little faith in this from calls I made to HughesNet about porting the number.  I have comcast and the number is active at our old location and will have to cancel soon.  We have had this number for over 20 years. Frustrated to say the least. Perky people on HughesNet keep telling me it's going to happen and be just fine :\
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Phone number to transfer (port) not happening

These types of things are why I am so glad that I've kept my landline phone and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Been no land line since 2003, about three miles from the cell tower, can't remember last time we lost service. That said, emery5455 the problem may be on Comcast's end getting it done.
Distinguished Professor III

Can 911 receive your location when using a cell phone?  Just curious.  That's my main sticking point. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Lol, we are still under the old rural route structure so kind of moot. No street address pinpointing location. My mailbox is about a quarter mile away.

verizon won't run a landline to our new home and they strike, go figure right

we don't show up on GPS either, nice in the country but! Our cell signal is ok but I really still like a landline and was hoping HughesNet voice would be the closest thing with our old number.  When ya have a number for over 20 years hard to toss out.

oh we are 1/2 mile down a gravel road from a verzion line and they won't run a line, right. just guess we will lose our old number and use this number hughesnet assigned us :\

Good morning emery5455,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I've pulled up your account to check on your porting status and it does also indicate that July 15, today, will be the day. As for why this took more than 10 days to port, I'm unsure. Normally if there's a delay, you would be e-mailed about this with details and if applicable, instructions for you to address the delay. For example, if there was an error in the address, the e-mail would point this out and ask you to correct it.

Did you receive any such e-mail in your HughesNet or Gmail accounts?

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

To be on the safe side, I've escalated your case. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->