Piss Poor Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonCDickerson
Freshman

Piss Poor Service

I called ordered Hughesnet it was installed on 12/20/17, Install tech said everything was fine and good.  I hooked my laptop to give it a try and Wow it was extremely slow.   Call the install tech and he said that everything checked out good on his end.  Chatted with Hughesnet tech support several times online using Verison Phone as a Hot Spot!   They pushed me off to advanced support which will call me anywhere between 3  to 5 days.  Said no way for me to contact advanced support that I would just have to wait on them to call me.   If advanced support is this busy that they can not resolve a NEW CUSTOMER's problem then I have to wonder if Hughesnet is any good at all!   How would one go about canceling their service or should I say lack of service?

JasonCDickerson

8 REPLIES 8
JasonCDickerson
Freshman

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JasonCDickerson

Because of the holidays, the reps that monitor this site won't be back on until Wednesday, 12/27.  

In the meantime, you can wait for the call from Advanced Support, or you can start the process here for getting help from these reps.  

As for cancelling, you can call 866-347-3292.  

But, even if you choose to start the troubleshooting process on here, because there are a couple of beams having known issues, it's important to know what satellite and beam you are on.  

What is the Satellite Name and Beam ID in the Satellite box, which is on the lower right, on the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

Been waiting for Advance Support to call.  Heard nothing from anyone but you.  Thanks for trying to help as this is very frustrating after paying for a new service with high expectations.

Satellite
Satellite NameEchoStar-17-NAD
Gateway ID1
Beam ID40
Outroute ID23

Speed Test  NOTE anytime speed over 1K I used my cell phone 4G as a hot spot to test speed with it. 

12/28/2017 06:28 AM

Yes

12/27/2017 04:56 PM
Yes
12/22/2017 11:17 AM
Yes
12/22/2017 11:16 AM
Yes
12/22/2017 08:41 AM
Yes
12/22/2017 08:18 AM
Yes
12/22/2017 07:19 AM
Yes
12/22/2017 06:51 AM
Yes
12/21/2017 12:57 PM
Yes
12/21/2017 12:50 PM
Yes
12/21/2017 12:45 PM
Yes
12/21/2017 12:42 PM
Yes
12/21/2017 12:38 PM
Yes
12/21/2017 12:19 PM
Yes
12/21/2017 11:54 AM
Yes
12/21/2017 11:04 AM
Yes
12/20/2017 02:00 PM
Yes
12/20/2017 01:55 PM
Yes

GabeU

@JasonCDickerson

I'm not aware of any known or acknowledged issues with beam 40 on the ES17, so if you'd like to continue with troubleshooting on here I'll lay out the instructions for the speed tests that will be needed by the reps/engineers that help through this Community. 

But, before you run the following tests, please make sure that you are not out of data (you shouldn't be, but just check to be sure).  If you do have data, please start with the tests as laid out in the instructions.  

The reason I asked about the data is the "Yes" in the right hand column of your posted Hughes tests.  I can't remember if that Yes means you were subject to FAP (out of data) or not, and I'm having problems signing in to my own account so I can't verify it by looking at my own Hughes run speed tests.  

The following layout contains the protocols for the test, but I'll list some of the more important ones here.  Make sure to create an account at testmy.net (if you don't already have one) and run the tests while signed in to that account (that will keep all of the results together for the reps/engineers to look at).  Make sure to run the tests with a device that's connected directly to the modem with a LAN cable (no WiFi).  This eliminates any problems that can be caused by WiFi.  You should also disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while running the tests.  That will ensure that nothing else is sapping any bandwidth while running the tests.  If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF.  Make sure to use the manual 25MB download test size when running the tests. After you have a few tests run, please paste your testmy.net Results URL into a reply on here, which will enable the reps/engineers to see your test results.  To do so, while signed into testmy.net, click on Results on the upper right, then, when on the Results page, copy the URL in the address box of your browser and paste it in here.   

Additionally, though you can run a few upload speed tests if you like (use the manual 4MB test size for upload tests), and it would probably be a good idea to get one or two in just for reference, the more important tests are the download tests, and the download tests is what you should concentrate on.  

Again, the following layout contains the speed testing protocol, including much of what I just listed.  

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns you should create a testmy.net account and, while signed into that account, perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Please keep in mind that HughesNet will only accept testmy.net and the official HughesNet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY  

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

I am running the testmy.net now 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/JasonCDickerson

This was using the WIFI built in Router.   I will do the next test with a LAN Cable and NO Wifi

WHICH BEAMS ARE HAVIN THE ISSUES?

maratsade

I know that Beam 68, which is the one I'm on, is having issues, and that the company is addressing the issues of this beam and whichever others are on the list.