cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell me theres a Fix

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Please tell me theres a Fix

The 20% packet loss could mean a couple of things:
1. Possible problem with the transceiver.

2. Something possibly interfering with the transceiver (foliage, etc.)

3. Possible misalignment of the dish itself.

What does it say when you go to http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor or http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/diagnostics/curr_hour_history?

 

Edit: Are you still getting 12.1.9 codes?


* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Re: Please tell me theres a Fix

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 8.15.38 PM.pngDoes this help? What is going to fix this!? Thanks for any help.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Please tell me theres a Fix

@NamesTJ

That really only tells a part of the story. What that tells me is that you had transmission errors ~4:45 ET on the 13th, and was unable to reach the backbone at ~13:58 ET on the 14th.

 

Both of those didn't last very long. The problem is that it doesn't tell me anything about what happened today, which is what the other link would have provided. That said, the diagnostic code shows that the system has been normal for about 3 hours.

 

Could it have been the weather that was causing the problem today? I noticed there were a few storms that rolled through the middle of beam 66's footprint earlier this morning.


* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Please tell me theres a Fix


@MarkJFine wrote:

 

 That said, the diagnostic code shows that the system has been normal for about 3 hours.


How are you able to tell this from that diagnostic code?  I know the 0005 means normal operation, but I mean the three hours.  


AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Please tell me theres a Fix


@GabeU wrote:

How are you able to tell this from that diagnostic code?  I know the 0005 means normal operation, but I mean the three hours.  

Each 0000 is actually an hour-block prior as you go to the left of the 0005. If there was an error code during the current hour, it would shift one number group to the left each hour until it 'exited'.


* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Please tell me theres a Fix


@MarkJFine wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

How are you able to tell this from that diagnostic code?  I know the 0005 means normal operation, but I mean the three hours.  

Each 0000 is actually an hour-block prior as you go to the left of the 0005. If there was an error code during the current hour, it would shift one number group to the left each hour until it 'exited'.


Interesting.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy  


AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit