Poor Phone service (Noise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beechcreek
Freshman

Poor Phone service (Noise)

We had our Gen4 service upgraded to Gen5 on saturday july 15th and our phone service has been experiencing the exact same problems you described. We have a Belkin router in addition to the Hughesnet Gen5 wireless router as well as an verizon samsung externed for our Iphones. Neither phone service is usable, so as per the hughesnet tech person, I removed the Belkin totally, and any wired or wireless connections that were using the Belkin, are now using thr Hughesnet box, still no imprtovement. Reset power on the hughesnet modem, no improvement. We have a Honeywell wireless thermostat, HP envy 7640 series all in one printer, two laptops, two iPhone 7's two kindles, none of these devices arte experiencing problem, other than slow service at times. Just the phones, (house and cell ) are having issues. Had I known about this issue, I would not have upgraded to Gen5, seeing as how Gen4 phone service was useable. I hope this issue will be solved with a permanent fix, and not some sort of bandaid, otherwise they can come back and reinstall  my Gen4. 

11 REPLIES 11
Aedan
Senior

Hello Beechcreek,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I am extremely sorry to hear about this issue and will do my best to assist you. I've also moved your post so we can better focus on your issue. First, please make sure that you tried power cycling both your HughesNet modem and the Voice ATA (smaller box going to the phone) and check if there is any improvement in your service. If this does not improve your service, please respond to the questions below.
Questions:
1. Please describe the noise that you are hearing?
2. When you make calls, can the person with whom you are speaking with hear you clearly?
3. When you receive calls, can both people on the line hear the noise? If not, who usually hears it?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

-Aedan

First thanks for replying, 2nd, I recycled all the electronics, (powered off gen5 box, verizon samsung extender and the hughesnet phone box, still there, sometimes they can hear me, but it is broken up with what sounds like background noise, and sometimes they can't hear me at all, and i heart are you there? i have noticed the delay is sometimes up around 1000 to as much as 2500 ms and packet loss up to 50% at time with limited access to the gateway, don't know if this has any bearing on the problems we are having. I do know we had gen4 10 - 11 days ago, and did not experience any of these problems. The installer changed the dish position a little and pulled the (receiver)? from the dish and turned it 90 degrees and plugged it back in and tighened it down.Then hooked up the gen5 box and ran some tests and supposedly started the gen5 hookup. Our speed does not appear to have improved any and our phone has the above mentioned problems, some one needs to get out here and fix this.!

yes both people on the line can hear the noise.

Hello Beechcreek,

Thanks for posting. We have escalated your case to our engineering department, and I will provide you with an update soon.  In the meanwhile, please provide me with more information about the noise that you hear during calls. Thanks.

-Aedan

I have same problem, calling tech support doesn't do any good. I call someone with my cell phone using wifi calling and 90% of the time they can't here me because there is so much static.

Hello Beechcreek,

I just received an update from our engineering department. They have made a network adjustment to address your concerns. Please try again and let us know if the call quality has improved. Thanks and I look forward to your response.

-Aedan

Hello Beechcreek,

I want to check on how your service performance. I saw that you called in today and that you are experiencing slow speeds and connectivity. A fix was roll out for your gateway this morning to address these concerns. Please let me know if you see any improvement in your service? Thanks. 

-Aedan

so I've posted almost the same type of issue and nothing, na-da crickets, do I need to call tech suooprt and wait for 20 mins to get someone on a call I can't hear?

got a 94 year old MIL at the house and we kinda need this phone, we have limited or no cell service 

Carmen Vitullo

Hello everyone,

It has been a few weeks since this post was last updated. Our engineers have since then been making more and more changes to the network to improve the phone service. Is there anyone still experiencing Voice quality issues?

~Amanda

Thanks for the update, I'll check today when I get home and report back 

@Amanda wrote:

Hello everyone,

It has been a few weeks since this post was last updated. Our engineers have since then been making more and more changes to the network to improve the phone service. Is there anyone still experiencing Voice quality issues?

~Amanda

Carmen Vitullo

Yes ... I don't think I have any improvement at all in audio quality. For example, if I call the audio test service at +1 416 342 9562, the sweep test frequently stutters, the DTMF test drops multiple digits, and simple voice record and playback yield barely audible audio quality.

What's going on? Why is this problem so hard to fix?