cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance tonight, and cannot run a Hughes speed test?

Highlighted
Freshman

Poor performance tonight, and cannot run a Hughes speed test?

Anyone else having issues? I am on echo 19, and can get to web response tests but not speed testing... which is odd.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Poor performance tonight, and cannot run a Hughes speed test?

@bluebridge

If the HughesNet speed test isn't working for you, an alternative is testmy.net.  For download tests make sure to use the manual 25MB test size and for upload tests the manual 4MB test size.  It's also best to test with a LAN cable connected device rather than a WiFi connected device, though because this isn't formal testing you can test how you like.    

Testmy.net is usually the recommended testing site, as HughesNet's own speed test has been known to be a bit temperamental at times.  

With that said, I'm not experiencing any speed issues.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Re: Poor performance tonight, and cannot run a Hughes speed test?

Hi bluebridge,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and I see that you're currently subject to the Fair Access Policy, so since running out of the monthly data allowance on April 9, speeds have been reduced. Speeds will be restored once your billing cycle starts again in 4 days, or when you purchase and use a data token. If you're unsure how to use data tokens, please check out our FAQ section where we have instructions.

If you still have performance concerns, I highly suggest contacting our business support line, 800.347.3272, since you have a business account. This community is geared more towards residential customers, so I don't have access to the same tools as our enterprise folks, and am limited in the support I can provide you. I appreciate your understanding.

If you have any general questions about your service we can certainly help address them.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.