cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting mail through my Hughes connection

Re: Problem getting mail through my Hughes connection

Hey GW

Just checking in. Had any re-occurrences lately? There's been a lot going on as far as network changes, so I wanted to see if maybe we inadvertently fixed it.

Thanks

Amanda

Tutor

Hi Amanda. No problems with this issue since my last update.

Nothing is ever permafixed though. Even though you made your post five hours ago, I still haven't received my communtiy mailer notification to my preferred email. After being off-duty for the entire months of October and November last year (and being functional ever since) it appear to be kaput and feeding only into my unused  hughes.net email address once again.

Distinguished Professor IV

@GWwrote:

Even though you made your post five hours ago, I still haven't received my communtiy mailer notification to my preferred email. After being off-duty for the entire months of October and November last year (and being functional ever since) it appear to be kaput and feeding only into my unused  hughes.net email address once again.

For some reason, once in a while, the forwarding of the Community notifications to my MSN address will just stop.  How long it stops for ranges from a few hours to weeks.  Why this happens I have absolutely no clue.  When it does, and if it hasn't started working again in a few hours, I'll change my Hughes mail forwarding address to my gmail account (then forward from there to my MSN account), which works.  I'll then try my MSN address every couple of days until it finally starts working again.  

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.  Smiley Sad  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Tutor

Funny, my notifications started up again beginning with your post.

Distinguished Professor IV

@GWwrote:

Funny, my notifications started up again beginning with your post.

It must be my charm.  Smiley Tongue  

giphy (2).gif

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

I started having issues 5 days ago. My Windows 10 machine using Windows Mail won't sync with Hughes email or Gmail.

Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro

Good morning infinitytec,

Thanks for posting. Since both the HughesNet and Gmail accounts are having difficulty with Windows Mail, sounds like Windows Mail isn't playing nicely for whatever reason. Have you tried removing and re-adding the account to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Thanks for getting back to me!

I looked at some support for some other software I use and it appears it is actually a problem caused in an update to that. My phone still gets emails (Gmail and Hughes), as does Thunderbird, so it looks like I am in good shape as soon as I roll back the update. It's not a problem with HN after all.

Thanks again!

Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro

You're welcome, glad you figured it out. Thanks for coming back to let the rest of us know what happened!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Tutor

@GW wrote:

I use Thunderbird to fetch my mail from six Microsoft accounts (Outlook & Hotmail). Last night I kept getting  a "can't connect to pop3 server" error and no mail. No problem connecting to my webmail interfaces or any other site by browser. I rebooted my modem which had been up for 33+ days and the problem resolved. I got my mail.

This morning (8½ hours after reboot of modem) I got the same error and no mail. I tried several different computers on my network with the same result. I connected my phone to a computer using Vz as internet provider and Thunderbird got my mail. No problem. That seemed to confirm the problem is with Hughesnet.

I rebooted the modem again and was able to get mail through my Hughes connection again. Next time it happens I'll screenshot the exact error message but it definitely has to be a conflict between Hughes and M$. This has never happened before. Any ideas?

This just happened again. Reboot fixed it.