cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ftp uploads during the day

Highlighted

Problem with ftp uploads during the day

I maintain a simple web site for a homeowners association. Two of the services are weather information that is uploaded once an hour by Virtual Weather Station Internet edition software, which is an old piece of software that is no longer supported. It uploads five jpg files to the web server via ftp once each hour. The other service is video snapshots from a webcam that is uploaded twice an hour at fifteen minutes and forty-five minutes after each hour during daylight. I'm having problems with both services, especially during the day. Transfers during the night, evening and early morning seem to work well, but those during the middle of the day fail. Frequently only a portion of each file being transferred is completed. Successful transfer is sporadic. I've been having this problem since before Coronavirus came about, so I doubt it is caused by the additional traffic on the Internet. I've played with the ftp settings on and off, with no success. A problem is that these devices are located in a remote location, so it's difficult to spend much time on site working on them. Any ideas as to what to try?