Hughesnet Community

Problem with porting phone number and then being charged for cancelling voip

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baconsm1

Problem with porting phone number and then being charged for cancelling voip

On October 10, 2016, I upgraded from Residential to Business service, both internet and VOIP. I was assured I could port my number (makes sense, both were Hughesnet sevices). Since I had to keep my old service until the number ported, I went through 2 billing cycles, paying both Residential and Business even though I no longer had the Residential equipment and couldn't download data. The number still had not ported on November 22. After numerous calls to  Hughesnet, I was assured I could cancel the VOIP without penalty, which I did. Nevertheless, I was charged $230 for cancelling. I spoke with Billing, both Residential and Business. They cannot talk with each other, so they just blame each other for the charge.  I have wasted so many hours and have so many case numbers dating from October 10, I have just given up. So, no, I don't recommend Hughesnet. 
3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hello baconsm1, 

Welcome and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear this. I'm investigating further to see what happened. I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi baconsm1, 

I've located both your business and residential accounts, so I've escalated your case to our business department here at corporate so they have the whole picture. I'll update you once I get any news on their progress.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning baconsm1, 

I appreciate your patience while we work on your concerns. Your business account was credited back the ETF for the VOIP cancellation. I do apologize for all the inconvenience. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community. Please don't hesitate to return if you have additional concerns.

Enjoy your weekend!

-Liz