Problems accessing Payless...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Problems accessing Payless...

Is anyone else with Gen5 having an issue getting onto Payless Shoesource's site?  

https://www.payless.com/

I get the "This site can't be reached" message.  I tried clearing the DNS cache and restarting the modem.  I also tried clearing my browser cache and using another browser.  No dice.  "IsItDownRightNow" says it's fine.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade

It's working for me...

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

It's working for me...

Maybe you fixed it for me, as it's now working.  

It wasn't working yesterday, it wasn't working today, you try it and it works, and now it's working for me.  

Thank you!  😛 

And now I see that they're out of the online business, anyway.  😛 😛 😛 

maratsade

I did fix it for you, but it entailed closing down the company, sorry. Smiley Tongue

I'm noticing a lot of problems with sites no longer working under adblock plus, notably att.com.

Literally had to add www.att.com and att.com to the whitelist just so I could log in.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

I'm noticing a lot of problems with sites no longer working under adblock plus, notably att.com.

Literally had to add www.att.com and att.com to the whitelist just so I could log in.

I keep forgetting about all of the extensions I have, and AdBlock Plus is one that I have on all of the browsers on my desktop.  If I run into this again, I'll make sure to check it.  For a while I had transitioned to using uBlock Origin, but I kept having problems with these black blocks sometimes showing up on the screen, so I went back to AB Plus.  

Though AT&T is currently working for me, I'll keep your experience in mind, as I have to pay my DirecTV bill through their site.

@MarkJFine wrote:

I've noticed the same thing on several sites.  I 've switched to AdGuard.  So far, it seems to be working better than Adblock 

I feel sorry for anybody that has to deal with AT&T, their web site is terrible, and their call in system is even worse!  I just spent the last two weeks trying to get them to fix my land line telephone.  I finally gave up, cancelled AT&T, and got a Verizon home wireless system.  $1.06 for the wireless box and  $20.00 a month for the service.  I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago, since it saves me over eighty dollars a month.  

My daughter agreed with me that their web site is terrible, as she was using it to pay her DirecTV bill.  When I showed her how easy it was to set up a online payment account with our credit union, she told me she was going to switch to that method.      

Simply amazing to me that Bell Labs (now long gone) was part of ATT once, thanks to divestiture.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

Simply amazing to me that Bell Labs (now long gone) was part of ATT once, thanks to divestiture.

I'm wondering if that's not part of the problem, AT&T is getting too big again.  As much as I'm usually against any sort of government intervention, maybe they do need to be broken up again.

I'd better be careful in what I wish for though, somebody is running fiber up the road 500 ft from my house.  Could I soon have cable internet?  With my luck, it will probably be AT&T.  After my recent experiences, I would have a lot of reservations about having anything to do with AT&T again.   Who am I kidding?  For a cable ISP, I'd probably even sell my soul to AT&T.

I was under the impression the government practically encouraged this last merger/acquisition of Time Warner to happen.

GabeU

It looks like Google has started to implement its "no ad blocker" policy with Chrome, or at least for some sites.  My AdBlock Plus is disabled when I go to AT&T's site.  I first noticed this last night when I went to "thewindowsclub" website.  

It might be time for me to start using Firefox on a more regular basis, even though I don't care for it much.  Still, it's better than Edge, which I loathe.

@GabeU wrote:

It might be time for me to start using Firefox on a more regular basis, even though I don't care for it much.  Still, it's better than Edge, which I loathe.

Back years ago when I was still running Windoze, some sites wouldn't work with Firefox, so I'd have to access those sites with Internet Exployer.  I immediatly noticed how much slower IE seemed to be compared to Firefox.  Thank goodness now it seems that almost all sites support Firefox. I found it rather strange that some sites would not work with Firefox to begin with, because Firefox is what Netscape eventually morphed into after they went open source, and Netscape had been around forever.  Netscape actually wrote IE under contract with MS.  Then MS bundled IE into Windoze, and put Netscape out of business.  Talk about gratitude! 

The one time I tried Chrome it seemed slow and clunky compared to Firefox.  I also didn't like that it used a web page for functions that were built in to Firefox's menuing system.   If they're now blocking ad blockers, I would definitely drop them.

BTW I switched to AdGuard, so far it seems to be working better than Adblock.