Hughesnet Community

Problems playing switch the game

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrandpaTony

Problems playing switch the game

My grand son's switch keeps glitching. Just installed wifi and have plenty of speed at least 25 mbps
3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

Unsure which game on Switch you're referring to, but satellite internet has a lag of over half a second which will cause many real-time games to run slow.

It has nothing to do with available speed. It's caused because of the distance the satellite signal has to travel, much like when you see a time lag for live, remote newscasters on TV.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Hi GrandpaTony,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I just wanted to add that it's possible there's something going on with the Switch itself or the game, independent of the internet connection. I don't have much else to go on due to the lack of other details, but just something to consider.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi,

I'm closing this thread since it's gone inactive. Please start a new thread if you have any concerns regarding the HughesNet service.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!