cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ATA this weekend

Highlighted

Re: Problems with ATA this weekend

Liz, I just found out Cyndy has a Dr appointment at 10AM can we make this for sometime after say 1?
Highlighted

Alrighty, the tech will call you today so you two can reschedule.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

Already talked with the tech.... Damn your good!

Who do I talk to to get you a raise?
Highlighted

WOO! 
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

Well the modem was changed out and within 30 minutes of the tech leaving I lost connection from the modem. It was showing me in FAP (which can't be as I am part of Hughesnet Beta right now) and then had to have a hard reset. Once I did the hard reset it recognized the tokens I have and seemed to be working fine.  This would have been about 5:30PM. I called him to let him know and he asked me to call again if the reset didn't fix everything seeing as it didn't recognize the tokens at first.

At 6PM, 6:19PM and 6:34PM I lost the modem again and each time had to do a hard rest. I've already left the tech a voicemail and I'm sure I'll hear from him in the AM. It's been 2 hrs now and so far I'm ok, but something is causing the drops. Now I think it's the dish or the cables.
Highlighted

Just talked to the tech, Apparently there is a nationwide outage in Myrtle Beach and everyone has been called down there. He asked if you could issue another ticket and he will try to get back today, if not then Monday afternoon as Cyndy has another Dr appointment Monday.
Highlighted

Good morning Bill,

Thanks for the update. I just scheduled another visit in the earliest available slot, aside from Monday morning, on Tuesday, Apr 19, 2016 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM.

I've included instructions to replace the coax, in addition to doing an overall site check. Please let me know of any other observations, especially if you can catch the state code during these disconnects.

Thanks,
Liz
Highlighted

Already talked with the tech and he is going to try to get to me this afternoon.

I'll keep trying to get the state codes but when the ATA is out I can't communicate with the SCC. I've lost connection again 3 times this morning 11, 11:13 and 11:16

Thanks
Highlighted

Oh that's great! Please let me know how that goes. If after this second visit, is it possible to forgo the ATA for a day this weekend (not sure if you work weekends) to see if the disconnects continue and so that you can check the state code?

-Liz 
Highlighted

OK tech just left, he found a resistance problem with the cable from the ground block to the modem. On close examination he found a kink in the cable right at the loop. He cut out the loop and now I've got a signal strength of 122. He wasn't prepared to do the cable run today, he just came from the CVS Corporate call and wasn't in the clothes that would be... well let's say I didn't want to see him crawling around under my house in those clothes.

He's leaving the ticket open and will get back together with me to arrange for the cable run (BTW, good call). This is the cable that was installed for the old HN9000.

I work 7 days a week but the phone I use for that is actually an internet phone, not my personal phone.  So what I will do is take the ATA out of the loop and get readings to see what changes and try to get error codes IF it drops again.

Thanks again for all you do.