cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

Liz

Re: Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

Good morning jdayton1,

Welcome and thanks for posting, we'd like to help address your concerns. I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics on your site; all looks fine right now. 

Please describe your current browsing experience, are you losing connectivity or are all websites loading slowly?

Does this also happen while directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

jdayton1
Sophomore

Hello,
I have not had a chance to get back to you till today (which worked out for the better).

My problems had gotten better about 9:30 on Tuesday, it seems as someone showed up to work after the holidays. It was so bad during the up to that point, only one person could be on just browsing the web.

My test where done with and without a router (multiple ones).

This would happen when my wife would be browser or playing a browser game, or my son watching a video or one of us playing an online game. 

I have always had problems, but this is a new one. It started before Christmas; So about 11 days of with almost no internet. Horrible customer service with being hung up on while asking for information (you can check you tapes for that). To service call that did nothing except reboot my modem, and tested it on his app as soon as it was done and left about 15 minutes since he got here.

It got better when you all returned to work. It stayed pretty much ok until this afternoon. 

If I want to play a game or browse the internet when someone else is online I should not have an issue, which I did not have before this started. 

Here is the last hour.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I can't comment on the uplink errors, but, the entire duration of time that you was talking about, most kids was at home, and the system has a limited capacity.  It will always bog down during holidays because of everyone in the country trying to get online.  It's not that Hughesnet magically fixed your pipe that day, it's that pretty much all those kids went to school, and parents had to start going back to work if they had time off.
Liz

Good morning jdayton1, 

Thank you for this update. I'm glad to hear your system performance has improved. C0RR0SIVE is correct. The holidays tend to see more usage and that congestion can cause uplink errors. My fellow mod Amanda also noticed some state codes that support this. 

This was a bit of a more severe case, and I do apologize for that; I understand how that's frustrating, especially during the holiday season. For your trouble, I've credited your account. 

If you have additional concerns, feel free to drop by the community again.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

jdayton1
Sophomore

I do understand about what happens during the holidays. I have been dealing with Hughesnet for 6 years. This is nothing anywhere comparable to any other holiday. Maybe part of this had to do with larger traffic, but that is nonsense if you believe that would be the problem.

If I couldn't use the internet or only one person on at a time could. Then I believe there is more of a problem. If is ok for you not to be able to use what you pay for, fine pay mine to (regards to other posters) If it was the kids and parents this would not have been happening in the middle of the night and would have been back to normal before 9:30 or 10 in the morning.

I am still having issues. I posted plenty of information but no one seems to read it all. The issues is still here but not as bad.

Everyone that comes here is not a new user as you champions like to think. I have not posted on here before and only dealt with phone reps.

I will continue to post until this problem is resolved. But please don't think all posters with problem do not have a clue.
jdayton1
Sophomore

This is the last hour.

jdayton1
Sophomore

Here is my last hour, haven't been able to do anything for the last 40 minutes.

jdayton1
Sophomore

And another hour of non-issue.

jdayton1
Sophomore

Last one for the night. Just showing that this is a consistent problem.

jdayton1
Sophomore

Here is from 5:00 am to 6:00 am.