cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with signal - Gen 4

Highlighted
Sophomore

Problems with signal - Gen 4

For the past several days I've been having a LOT of connection problems. I'm just getting a chance this morning to try to look at things, and if I look at diagnostics - hourly history it shows uplink problems every hour. Please advise what I need to do to get my system running right! Service is very intermittant with constant interruptions. Service is almost unusable - unstable and stuff will have to be repeatedly loaded. Please help with this problem!

Thank you-

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Re: Problems with signal - Gen 4

Hi prsmart,

Thanks for posting, I pulled up your account to run diagnostics, but I can't communicate with your modem. Is it currently powered on? 

Do the disconnects occur even while your computer is directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

It's on, and has been, but it goes out every 15-20 mins or so. It's up right now, and shows.fully operational. You can see the transmit light go on/off when it's having problems, and sometimes the receive or system light too. This has been ongoing for a few days now, and it doesn't matter if connected directly or not. 

Highlighted

Thank you for the confirmation and the additional information. 

I'm having our latest modem, the HT2000w shipped at no extra cost to you.

Your new HT2000W modem will arrive within 5 business days. Once you receive the modem, connect and power it on up to an hour so it will activate automatically. You do not need to return the old modem. Please dispose the old modem properly according to your local waste management guidelines. To check the status of your order, go to rmastatus.hughesnet.com where you can use your SAN and zip code to track your shipment.

Please let me know how the new modem works out for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Thank you! I look forward to getting this problem fixed. I will let you know how it goes.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Just an update that I have not received the modem, nor can I find shipping status using the link you showed. I'm still having problems.

Thank you for your assistance.

Highlighted

Hi prsmart,

Thank you for letting me know. I'm digging into this, there seems to have been an RMA system issue that was recently resolved. I'm checking on the status of your modem. I do apologize for the delay, rest assured we'll get the replacement modem out to you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Any updates on when I might get the modem?

Highlighted

Hi prsmart,

Thank you for checking in, I'm investigating now and escalating this. I'm unsure why my requests to send you a new modem aren't going through. I'm sorry for the delay, I'm getting to the bottom of this and will let you know once we are getting a new modem out to you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Highlighted

Good morning, 

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.