Hughesnet Community

Question regarding when exhausted Anytime Data Limit.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cody.waddell87

Question regarding when exhausted Anytime Data Limit.

Hey Guys,

I have been a HughesNet Customer since October, 2015.  All has been well, and probably my best choice for Internet, due to my location.  My main question is this, how will internet surfing be, if I have exhausted through all of my Anytime Data?  I currently have the 15GB Anytime with the 50GB Bonus, it has suited my needs and I have been able to stay within my Data range since becoming a customer.  Sadly, I was careless and my PS4 did a game update that was 5GB, and I currently only have 4.5GB left of Anytime Data.  My data Resets on April 22nd.  I normally do all my updates, etc during my Bonus time, but this one slipped through the cracks and got me.  Has anyone experienced any issues, with web surfing, after going through all Anytime Data?

Also I have seen that there is a 50GB Anytime and 50GB Bonus Plan, but it does not seem to be available in my area.  Anyway to find out if this plan could becoming to my area?

Thank You!
Cody
10 REPLIES 10
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

The 50/50 Ultra plan is only available in select areas where capacity exists.

When you exceed your data allowance you will be throttled to around 150 Kbps ... about 3 times dialup speed.

If your plan includes "SmartBrowse" your speeds will remain at full speed for "low intensity" functions such as checking email (no large attachment) and viewing of "simple" web pages ... no embedded video or that sort of thing.

Your other option is to purchase "Tokens" that will allow normal speeds. Unused token data will remain in your "token bucket" upon your monthly refill.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Me thinks the Ultra plan was a test they kind of regret.
cody.waddell87

Thanks for the reply, SmartBrowse was not an option on my plan.  I will look into the Tokens.  Its just frustrating because I have been good on my data, since I have became a Customer.  And I let this one update, slipped by, and killed 5GB of my Data, with two weeks remaining until my plan resets.
cody.waddell87

I would love to have the Ultra Plan.  I read something, somewhere that HughesNet is suppose to do some upgrading to Satellites or some sort in Spring of 2016?  anyone shed some light, or did I just read it wrong.  lol
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

This is the Spring of 2016. I think what you are referring to is the new satellite which won't be launched and operational until at least the end of the year.
cody.waddell87

I see.  Thank you for the Info, BirdDog.
Liz

Good morning Cody,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Glad to see you got the information you needed from our community regulars, Gwalk and BirdDog! If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community again, we're glad to help.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Pawnee County

Hey Cody

I've been over a couple of times still got decent browsing and could listen to Soma Internet Radio video is about the only thing that will be really effected. 
Cody Waddell

Thanks for the reassurance. I understand my data will slow down, until my time resets. I just want to make sure I can still do some web browsing and check emails, etc. I know YouTube, etc will be off limits lol. Thanks!
Pawnee County

I did some you tube video while in FAP but had to let it load before playing it.  I have to have my Friday News Busted with Jody Miller.