cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random drop of sat connection

Highlighted
New Poster

Random drop of sat connection

The sat signal is dropping randomly throughout the day. Only pulling the power cord from the wall will reconnect. Spoke to tech support earlier this week. No help other than asking for State Code and directing pulling power for 15 seconds. I see at least one other post regarding this issue. No weather issues, modem is less than a year old. Clearly an issue on Hughesnet end. Firmware fix?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Random drop of sat connection

Could you post your state code here? What is the weather in the state where the gateway is located? (it's always located in another state from you).   How long has this been happening?  

Please note that the Hughesnet reps are not here on weekends, so it will be next week before they can look into this. Fellow customers may be able to get you started, though. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Random drop of sat connection

@mcronin

It's very unlikely that this is a firmware issue, as it would be affecting everyone with the HT2000W if it were.  

What is the state code you're seeing when this happens?  You mentioned that the sat signal is dropping.  What is it dropping to?   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro