Hughesnet Community

Rapid decline of anytime data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mainenina59

Rapid decline of anytime data

Rapid decline of anytime data - am on the "gov't subsidized" plan since 2011. Have had good luck until June of this year, then one disstrious day after another without even going online, just checking email on my MacMail. Even after I disconnected the LAN line it disapeared. Told there "was something running in the background", which is totally bogus. No resolution, totally disgusted. They keep trying to talk me into something more expensive with huge equipment costs. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Something is wrong and it is NOT with my Mac. I run ONE desktop and nothing else. No router, wi-fi, phone, iPad, tv, NOTHING. Anyone get a good answer from them? I spoke to six different people .. no one will admit it is HughesNet, not me. 
4 REPLIES 4
Amanda

Hi mainenina59,

We're sorry to hear you are having so much trouble! Would you mind performing a test so we can start trying to pinpoint where the loss is occurring? Here is a good set of instructions you can use.

Thanks and looking forward to the results!

Amanda
Chris11
Alum

Hi mainenina59,

Please make sure that your SAN is cropped out or not visible when posting the screenshots.

Thanks,
Chris
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Luckily the info with the SAN is no longer right below the usage meter. It just moved over to the top of the next column a couple of days ago, so it's easier to take a screen shot without accidentally getting the SAN in the shot. 🙂
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You can see your SAN in the Status Meter?  Is this something just in the new version of the meter?