cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bonus Zone grrrr

New Poster

I feel that if I pay for internet access, I should get that access 24/7 and not have speeds reduced during certain times of the day. I am counting the days until my contract is up so I can switch back to a provider that provides a consistent and reliable product. #notimpressed.
5 REPLIES 5
Professor

No ISP can guarantee access 24/7, and they don't.   If you would like to terminate your contract, you can, after paying the ETF. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Assistant Professor

And, BTW, it's now several months of football Sundays. You can guarantee that people will be either trying to stream a game or avoid it altogether by streaming movies all afternoon and evening. That means congestion similar to peak usage time... or worse (operative word: streaming). It's just a fact of satellite internet.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

I understand it’s slower during certain times of the day due to congestion, what I’m referring to is Hughes deliberately slowing the speed for individual subscribers.
Distinguished Professor IV

@MOfosho wrote:
I understand it’s slower during certain times of the day due to congestion, what I’m referring to is Hughes deliberately slowing the speed for individual subscribers.

The only time your service speed is deliberately slowed is when you have exhausted your monthly data allotment and are subject to FAP.  

You're free to purchase extra data (Tokens) at any time.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

Oh, I see. Are you referring to lower FAP speeds?