Hanner
New Poster

Re: Have had service for one week, disappointed

Okay will do 🙂 thank you
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Mods,

Might this single reply have been accidentally moved to this section (Tech Support) from the myAccount and Billing section in which the rest of the thread is located?  

Capture.JPG

Oh, whoops!! That was my mistake. Let me fix that real quick~ 

-Brooke

I’ve had Hughes Net for one week. One the first day (day of installation) Netflix took awhile to load and buffered every 5 minutes. When I ordered Hughes net the representative assured me Netflix would work just fine! I made sure I asked every question I could think of because I’ve had problems with companies promising things they don’t deliver before! I only have 1 tv that is connected to the internet, nothing else! I also live in the country and have 0 trees around me so I thought satellite internet would be fine. The night of installation I called hughesnet and told them my troubles! The representative took me through some steps to see if my WiFi was up to speed, etc. they said they would have someone call me back in 3-5 days, it’s been a week! No call and my WiFi still doesn’t work! I’d like to cancel and I don’t think I should pay the etf fees bc I was deceivednwhen ordering and no one has returned my calls. I don’t want to have to worry about WiFi! Thanks in advance

Hello Hanner, welcome to the community and thank you for posting! I am sorry to hear you're having trouble and we definitely don't want to see you go! I hope we'll be able to get to the bottom of this with you.

I pulled up your account and it looks like the callback was rescheduled by our agents. I'm not sure why this was done exactly, my guess would be they were taking more time to investigate further perhaps, but it shows the callback is scheduled for today. 

When I tried to run my own diagnostics, I currently see there's no communication, so I am unable to run diagnostics remotely to the modem. With this said, I want to provide some tips that may or may not have been offered to you yet. 

• Since it's only your TV connected, a direct connection to the modem with a LAN cable (if possible) would provide a stronger connection. Or, if you do not have a LAN cable, you can also try connecting to the 5 GHz network if your TV is within 10 ft. or so from the modem. The 5 GHz particularly is better for speeds, compared to the 2.4 GHz network, which is better for range. 
  • The buffering issue may also be due to the resolution settings Netflix is currently set up on. Adjusting your playback settings to Standard Definition can prevent buffering from occurring. Or, you can also go to your settings here on through the Support Center and disable your Video Data Saver. 

I hope these help! If they don't, you should hear back from our Advanced Technical Support, who is currently looking into the matter. If you do not receive a call today, please let me know, so I can get your issues escalated in the appropriate manner. 

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated!

-Brooke

Hi Brooke, and thank you for responding! No one has called me yet. The reason you may not have communication was my modem is because I unplugged it. I thought maybe I was using data at night so I started unplugging it to see if it would solve my problem during the day, it hasn’t so I just all together unplugged it since I can’t use the WiFi anyways!

I Also changed the settings for my Netflix, it didn’t resolve anything:(

I appreciate you for getting back to me and for trying my suggestions! Since the modem is unplugged, this places restrictions on what myself and our Advanced Technical Support can run diagnostics in order to investigate the issues, so let's get the modem plugged back in. What I'll go ahead and do is create a case on your account with notations of the issues you're experiencing. 

Once the modem has fully turned on (usually within a few minutes after plugging it back in), please call our phone support again and refer to case #116705261. These are my notes with instructions to have the agent connect you with our Advanced Technical Support. 

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Now it's all together, but the posts got out of order and I can't seem to fix it or I'm just unaware of how to 😛 

Thanks for pointing it out to me! 

-Brooke

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Brooke wrote:

Now it's all together, but the posts got out of order and I can't seem to fix it or I'm just unaware of how to 😛 

Thanks for pointing it out to me! 

-Brooke

It makes it interesting.  😛  

You're welcome.  🙂