cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: phone service terrible

Drakesfear
New Poster

It's almost 2018. I have been having the same Hughes Voice problems everyone else here is. Is there any update from the Engineers as to if/when we will see a fix? Is there going to be any compensation for the money we are paying for a service that's not working properly?

10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Hi Drakesfear,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting.  As of last week, engineering completed network adjustments for subscribers nationwide to improve VOIP quality. We've seen a decrease in VOIP quality concerns over the past few months, so we certainly would like to address yours if you're still having quality issues.

Can you please describe in detail your experience with your HughesNet Voice service.

When did it start?

Are you using a corded or cordless phone?

Does it only happen when you initiate the call?

Does only happen when you receive a call?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Drakesfear
New Poster

When did it start?

I have been having the problm for about 2 months

Are you using a corded or cordless phone?

I use a cordless Panasonic phone set

Does it only happen when you initiate the call? 

Does only happen when you receive a call?

Both, recieve and initiate

Liz

Thank you Drakesfear. I've run diagnostics on your site to double-check that the HughesNet equipment is in working order. Other than your system currently being subject to the Fair Access Policy, everything looks fine. I will escalate your case to our VOIP team and post back once I have any updates or additional questions for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi,

Got a quick turnaround from the VOIP team and they would like additional information to help address your concern. 

Who is hearing the garbled audio? You or the person on the other line?

When does the garbled audio occur during the call (beginning/end/throughout)?

Does the garbled audio tend to happen during any specific time of the day?

Can you please provide any specific examples of this issue occurring including the originating and terminating numbers and a timestamp? (You can send me a private message with this bit of info, since it involves phone numbers).

Drakesfear
New Poster

Who is hearing the garbled audio? You or the person on the other line?

I hear everything fine, the distant end says it like a super bad cell connection. My phones worked fine when I had an AT&T landline so it cant be the wireless phones.

When does the garbled audio occur during the call (beginning/end/throughout)?

Through out

Does the garbled audio tend to happen during any specific time of the day?

At all times

Can you please provide any specific examples of this issue occurring including the originating and terminating numbers and a timestamp? (You can send me a private message with this bit of info, since it involves phone numbers).

The problem is widespread and happens on almost everycall I make or recieve. If you want a specific exapmle to see, use any call on Christmas day.

Karenuk
New Poster

I am having the same issues with my phone. No one can hear me, it's garbled, delayed and terrible quality. I can't even use the phone to call the support line because my voice is not heard when the recording asks for a response. 

What are you going to do about this? We have had HughesNet voice for less then 6 months and it's never been right.

Liz

Good morning Drakesfear,

Thank you for this information, I've sent it to our VOIP team. They would like some new data to properly troubleshoot your concern. Please provide new call examples within a 24 hour period with a corded phone (if available) plugged directly into the ATA.

Drakesfear
New Poster

Believe it or not, I don't own a wired phone, or at least I didn't before. I got one today and made some calls with it. The distant end didn't complain as much. 

Liz

Good morning Drakesfear,

Thank you for the reply. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.