cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving error message when I try to submit an email support request

amyammons2

Receiving error message when I try to submit an email support request

Receiving error message when I try to submit an email support request for two unresolved cases. I continue to receive the error message, Server support in / Application, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I'm not a techie, don't understand, just need to submit my request for Billing correction and two open cases. Please help.
16 REPLIES 16
Liz

Re: Receiving error message when I try to submit an email support request

Good morning Amy,

Thanks for posting, we certainly would like to address this. Can you please provide a screenshot of this error message you're seeing so we can see where this error pops up?

For your reference, here's how to take a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

amyammons2

Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

<pre>[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] hughessupport.suth.com.hnSaveData.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750 </pre>
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2512; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2515
Liz

When exactly does this error pop up?

Since you mentioned you were trying to submit an e-mail support request, does it happen immediately after you click this e-mail support link?:

Or does the message pop up when selecting a dropdown item from this screen?:

Our web developers can better address this if we can pinpoint when and where exactly this error shows up.

Does this happen in different browsers? What browsers have you tried?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

amyammons2

Hi Liz:   This happens when I have completed the email report form, and click "submit."   I have tried it with both Internet Explorer and  Firefox, and received the error message both times.  Thanks
Liz

Thanks Amy, I'm sending this to our developers to see if they've seen this error before and to decipher what it means. I'm not able to reproduce this error on my end; have you ever been able to successfully use the e-mail support function? Does refreshing your browser cache make a difference? Here's how: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

amyammons2

HI Liz:  I should mention that I've tried sending the email problem report on a couple of different days, after shutting my computer down.  Hope this info is helpful.   I tried again this morning and received the same error message today.
Liz

Thanks Amy, I've included that in my message to the developers. Does refreshing your browser cache make a difference? Here's how to refresh/clear your cache: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

-Liz

amyammons2

Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

<pre>[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] hughessupport.suth.com.hnSaveData.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750 </pre>
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2512; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2515
amyammons2

Hi Liz:   I cleared my cache, and tried tried again.  Received the above error message today.