Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindysalyer
Freshman

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

We are having alot of trouble maintaining our connection to Remote Desktop server that my husband and I use for work.  We both get kicked off the server multiple times per day - I'm talking 20-30 times - whenever we are connected to the server.  This started happening to us when we upgraded our service to Gen5 with the HT2000W modem/router combo unit.  I googled the issue and tried all the "fixes" recommended (which for me as a nontechie is a pretty good acheivement) but NOTHING has worked.  I have spoken with the IT person that controls the server connection and he basically went through all the fixes I had already tried from the info I found online.  The owner of the company I work for says its my network card that is causing the issue not the server.  Since the problem started when we upgraded our service to Gen5 it has to be the HT2000W modem/router since nothing else has changed.

The error we are getting every time we get kicked off the server is "Because of a error in data encryption, this session must end.  Please try connecting to the remote computer again." 

We are using Remote Desktop Connection to access Windows Servier 2007R2 Standard.

PLEASE HELP!  Any insight would be appreciated! 

140 REPLIES 140
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@eranch

If you are using a 3rd party DNS, the link to the System Control Center on the site Corrosive listed may not work.  In that case, you can get to it here...  http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage

maratsade

To find your beam, go to http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage, then click on System Information.  The beam ID is listed in the box labeled Satellite. 

@eranchwrote:

How do I know what "beam" I'm in?

GabeU

@maratsadewrote:

To find your beam, go to http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage, then click on System Information.  The beam ID is listed in the box labeled Satellite. 

@eranchwrote:

How do I know what "beam" I'm in? 

You can use this direct link, too...  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

The Satellite Box is on that page.

@maratsade  I was just reading through this and it made me laugh a little, as eranch asked such a simple question, yet we keep giving links that nearly get him/her there.  LOL.  It just struck me as funny.  😛  

I didn't mean to really go off topic, but it just hit my funny bone.  

maratsade

I thought that was funny too. LOL

@GabeUwrote:

I was just reading through this and it made me laugh a little, as eranch asked such a simple question, yet we keep giving links that nearly get him/her there.  LOL.  It just struck me as funny.  😛  

Hi Liz, 

Wondering when the rest of the beams will be updated. I actually worked for an entire day last week with out losing connection once but have already lost it twice within the first hour today. I'm on beam 33, Gateway 17.

Thanks

Hi moonkat22,

Thanks for checking in. No update on the rest of the beams, but once we find out, we'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

MS
New Poster

I have to throw my 2 cents in here as I have been experiencing this issue since last November and following this discussion since then. I have blazing fast FiOS at home, but use my Mom's HughsNet when I visit her. I work from home and, like everyone in this thread, I log into Remote Desktop. The closest location that has wifi I can use when the encryption error gets too bad is an hour away from where my Mom lives. It's not feasible to have to "commute" into town every time I have this problem, especially when my Mom upgraded to Gen5 just to accomodate me when I visited her last November for Thanksgiving. For my current visit, I called HughesNet before I even left my home to get an update on the issue. After having a long discussion, directing the call center person to this thread and asking several questions, I was told it was fixed. I asked more than once as I absolutely needed to know I would have reliable internet in order to do my job. Well, lo and behold, I am getting the error intermittently. I called today and spent an hour listening to the call center person tell me that's it's not "in their scope" and that I needed to call the manufacturer of my laptop. (what?). I tried to tell her that it's a known issue and absolutely has nothing to do with my laptop, but she kept insisting. We went round and round until she finally transferred me to Account Management. Account Management also didn't know about this issue, I also told her about this thread. She contacted a level 3 or 4 tech person and was told they are still working on it. From what I could gather it is a latency issue. She also mentioned that when they switched from gen4 to gen5 the modem couldn't keep up with the calculations. Not sure exactly what that means, but someone else might. Bottom line is, we still need to follow this thread to get updates as Liz is "in management at corporate" and has more information than anyone you can talk to at the 866 number.

Liz,

It's been 2 weeks since the last update - do you have anything new??

Good morning folks,

Just popping in to say that engineering is still currently testing the latest software code which should address the RDC error. Engineering says they will let us know more about the nationwide rollout of this code once testing is complete.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you Liz.  I have been waiting for this fix now for nine+ months?  A long time.  I have to maintain two ISPs just because of this one issue.  Is there any timeline?  Seems like there is rarely any commitment, which makes things difficult and frustrating for the many folks impacted by this longstanding issue.

Thank you.

Hi divinIN,

I totally understand and am also frustrated with the long wait. We're still pressing engineering for more concrete updates, like a timeline to provide you. We'll keep you posted on any news we can share.

Hi MS,

All I got today from engineering was that they will send me a schedule for the updates coming to the rest of the beams once available. Once I get that I'll post in this thread.

I have also been experiencing this issue since Gen5 upgrade / new modem was installed. HT2000W model as well. Please fix ASAP, this is unacceptable.

I would like to add my voice to those who are waiting for this fix. I have been a HughesNet customer for two months and still have not been abe to have a consistent RDP connection. I had to keep my Verizon JetPack which is faster, more reliable and fankly cheaper; now paying for two internet services.

Hello folks,

I finally have some new news to share, so thank you again for waiting patiently. Our engineers are starting to roll out the code which should address the RDC issue this week. The roll out process will take a few weeks. Once we have concrete dates to share, or at least confirmation that the roll out is complete, I'll post back and let you know.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Hi. I'm new with the service, thanks for the info regarding the Remote Desktop error. In case that is not resolved in the next month, I'm still able to terminate my contract. I started the service on the 21 of this month, but my main interest is on the remote service, since I worked from home. Your replies are appreciated. Thanks. 

GabeU

@JoseMiguel wrote:

Hi. I'm new with the service, thanks for the info regarding the Remote Desktop error. In case that is not resolved in the next month, I'm still able to terminate my contract. I started the service on the 21 of this month, but my main interest is on the remote service, since I worked from home. Your replies are appreciated. Thanks. 

Just so there is no confusion, there is no 30 day trial with HughesNet.   

With this said, though, they are definitely working on the Remote Desktop connection issue, as Liz intimated.  

Hi Jose, 

Welcome to the community! We're slated for a meeting tomorrow afternoon with engineering, so we'll ask for an update on this.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hello folks,

Thanks again for your patience as engineering continues to address this concern. The code that should fix this error is currently still in testing and is planned to be rolled out on EchoStar 17 over the next couple of weeks or so. After the EchoStar 17 rollout, then engineering will work on getting this code on EchoStar 19. As we get any other updates to share, we'll post in here.

Any update?

Thank you,

Hi divinIN,

Last we heard, there was a hold up in the process so the rollout has been delayed. I'll follow up on the status when we meet again next week.