cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote login to weekend home? Devices offline.

Freshman

Remote login to weekend home? Devices offline.

I have had service for about 3 weeks at my weekend home.  I have already had the moden replaced , last weekend. I am now unable to connect remotely to my Nest thermostat, It has been offline for 3 days.  Is there a way to log into my moden/router remotely?  With only a 30 day warranty on the modem and on average of 6 days a month being there, I have little confidence if I cannot see what is going on.  The service is horrible, and I will not be there for 2 weeks to check on it or run speed tests.  All I have is phone speedtest (2.85 Mbps) from last weekend.  Any ideas? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Remote login to weekend home? Devices offline.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I am sorry to hear about the issues with your Nest thermostat. I have run some diagnostics, and and I did not see any issues on my end. Though, I did make some adjustments to the modem for you, and I also rebooted the system from my end. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Freshman

Thank you. Whatever you did seem to have worked! I hope to go back up this weekend and run some speed tests. Thanks again!
Highlighted

dlc1265,

No Problem at all. Please let me know if you ever have any further questions or concerns. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Freshman

Just curious, what did you do?  Would you expect it to increase my download speeds?  Thanks for your help!

dlc1265,

I reset the web acceleration, reset the connection between the server and the client, re-ranged your signal, and cleared the DNS cache. This is almost like clearing history and resetting the system. 

Freshman

Thank you!

dlc1265,

You are welcome! Smiley Happy

*Felicia*