Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeatedly slow internet

Highlighted
New Poster

Repeatedly slow internet

Hi

Another frustrated HN customer here.

I've had less than 1mbps for months, called HN repeatedly, Received the same non responsive replys. The last lady informed me that I had my case escalated to the engineers for them to fix. I've heard that before. One superviser chewed me out because I was not tech smart and I needed to unplug ALL devices to get the speed I want. Not what I expect for $150 a month. Still same old speed. Does anyone have the telephone number of someone I could call to fix this??

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Repeatedly slow internet

@isteenson 

If you want to talk to someone in phone support, the number is 866-347-3292.

However, this is a support community.  If you would like support here, the first step will be running some speed tests as outlined here.  Please be sure to read the instructions thoroughly before running the tests to ensure that they are run properly.  After running a few tests, please post your testmy.net "My Results" page URL so that the test results can be viewed.  Please also ensure that you have data while running the tests, as tests run while out of data and throttled will be of no value.  

The HughesNet reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They will be the ones to help, but they will first need some speed test results to do so.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for your swift reply.

Unfortunately I have already exhausted the customer service option as I was getting nowhere, just running and re-running the same script and fixes.

Also have escalated the problem to engineering, with more talk and zero action. 

I have run the speed test in the past many times and even HN agrees it is way below the threshold.

Just cannot get them to fix the problem.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

The only people you can contact via phone are those answering the customer service line, and you've already done that, so you may want to consider having the issue looked at here in this community.  To have speed issues addressed here, a speed troubleshooting procedure is required.  If you have already run tests, you may already have data points for the corporate reps on this site. You need to post the URL to the "My Results" page on Testmy.net, as this is the only site that's accepted to have the issue checked in this community.   If you haven't run tests on Testmy.net, you will need to do so and to use the required file sizes and follow other requirements as well. 

If you haven't done this, it may be worth your while to do so, even though I imagine you're frustrated and may not be in the mood to do more testing.  The HughesNet reps will be back on Monday and if you follow the procedure as required, they will have a look and they can directly contact the engineers as well.  They will wait to address your post until you have followed the required procedures.  

isteenson wrote:

Thanks for your swift reply.

Unfortunately I have already exhausted the customer service option as I was getting nowhere, just running and re-running the same script and fixes.

Also have escalated the problem to engineering, with more talk and zero action. 

I have run the speed test in the past many times and even HN agrees it is way below the threshold.

Just cannot get them to fix the problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

Again, thank you for your advice. I will try this approach as it's my last option. HN is our only provider our here in the sticks. If this does not work I will kiss HN goodbye and rely on my Jetpack for internet.

Again THANKS!!