cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robocall Problem

Robocall Problem

I ported my landline to Hughes last summer. I've had the same home number for decades and had signed up with the DoNotCall List many years ago. Sales- and robot-calls were reduced to maybe a couple a month (still got political calls tho). As soon as my landline was transferred I signed up on the List again, just to make sure I was protected. Unfortunately, since the transfer I have been inundated with robocalls - sometimes 4,5,6 per day!! (I have verified that my number is supposed to be blocked by the DNC List). They come from multiple numbers all over the country. I've looked at the apps that are supposed to help with VoIP lines but they don't support Hughes (or BigRiver Telephone). I've been very unhappy with my service and would love to cancel but am locked in. Can you at least make my remaining time a little more bearable?! On top of this, I can't even get into the "self-support" area of my voice service!
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Robocall Problem

Hi labsnjacks,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I've been able to locate your account, please let me investigate on your behalf and check back in with you once I have an update.

Regarding the web-self care portal, up to date screenshots and instructions are in the online setup guide, starting here on page 37, if you were having trouble finding where you can manage your voice service: http://voice.hughesnet.com/activate/docs/innoQuickStart.pdf

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I know about the guide, but still, I'm supposed to be able to access this site and it is not now, and never has been available. There have been tons of other people having the exact problem. Hughes needs to address it or allow me to cancel my phone service without the penalty!

Hi labsnjacks,

At what point are you getting stuck? I'd like to try to reproduce the experience. Can you please take a screenshot of what you see on the MyServices page?

The page should look like this, but for VOIP customers, there should be something in the My Services section:

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Advanced Tutor

RE Robo Calls: Telemarketing abuse has nothing to do with your telephone number being with one service  provider or another.

All of my cell, business line, and home numbers and those of my family members are all listed with the National DNC list. It makes no difference. Telemarketing abuse is at an all-time high. Sleazy telemarketers ignore the law and call anyway. There is next to nothing any phone service provider can do about this, and blocking incoming numbers won't stop it. These sleazeballs simply change numbers, and use incoming number-spoofing software to avoid blocks.

This is a national problem. If you want action on this, complain to your congressman, and sign petitions with Consumer Reports and others to help urge lawmakers to stop telemarketing abuse. If enough teeth are put into current laws, perhaps we can curb it.

https://www.fcc.gov/stop-unwanted-calls

http://www.scambusters.org/telemarketingharassment.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/best-ways-turn-tables-telemarketers/story?id=21534413
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

1) Go to MyHughesnet, click on "Billing"
2)Click on "My Services" where I see "Manage"
3) Click on "Manage" where a window pops up telling me that I have HughesNet Voice and to click on the Manage button.
4)I click on the Manage button and a new log-in page comes up. I log in with my email and password. The Web Selrf-Care Administration page opens. There are 2 columns- one for Call Records, the other to Port My Number. But the page tells me "Something has gone wrong, please try again".

I've gone through these same steps a couple of times with the Voice people over the phone. I have always gotten this same response. I've retyped my email/password just in case there were transcription errors, rebooted my computer, etc, etc.

I do know that this is an ongoing problem for everyone. What I am questioning is why I've gone from getting a couple calls a month to getting numerous each day only after changing to Hughes' voice service. It makes me think someone has released my info.
Advanced Tutor

Most likely just coincidence. I have unlisted numbers getting calls.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Aha, that does sound out of the ordinary. Can you please take a screenshot of your web self-care page? Please take care in editing/cropping out any personal info (your SAN, phone number, etc) before posting in this community. 

There normally are other options in the top menu aside from Call Records and Port My Number.

Have you tried accessing the web self-care page from a browser other than Chrome?

How about a different computer, does the self-care page load differently?

From a cursory check, I was able to pull up your self-care page from the admin side and it appears normal:

-Liz

Here are the steps: