cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SINCE GEN 5 UPGRADE CAN RECEIVE FAX BUT CANNOT RECEIVE, ALL IN ONE PRINTER PASSED TEST

SINCE GEN 5 UPGRADE CAN RECEIVE FAX BUT CANNOT RECEIVE, ALL IN ONE PRINTER PASSED TEST

I upgraded  to Gen 5 in September 2017, since the upgrade I cannot receive a fax but I can send.  I get error 252.  I have a land line through Verizon, printer passed the test, everything is in working order.  My system was working successfully with Gen 4.  Nothing was changed.  Printer connected to computer with USB.  Printer conncted directly to land line.  Home Tech Services could not find the problem.

I was told that Gen 5 was not compatible with fax, not just my fax machine but any fax machine.  Please give me some direction.

7 REPLIES 7
Associate Professor

Re: SINCE GEN 5 UPGRADE CAN RECEIVE FAX BUT CANNOT RECEIVE, ALL IN ONE PRINTER PASSED TEST

Hughesnet doesn't support fax, however, since you aren't using Hughesnet for phone services, you will want to contact your phone company, or the manufacture of your fax machine for assistance.

Re: SINCE GEN 5 UPGRADE CAN RECEIVE FAX BUT CANNOT RECEIVE, ALL IN ONE PRINTER PASSED TEST

Thank you for your reply.  I don't understand, HughesNet supported my fax when I had Gen 4.  Do you mean it is so that Gen 5 doesn't support faxing?    I had Verizon when using Gen 4.

CORRECTION TO MY POST:  CAN SEND FAX, BUT CANNOT RECEIVE FAX.

Senior Instructor

If your fax machine uses the telephone connection to send/receive faxes, it really has nothing to do with HughesNet since your phone is with Verizon.

If your fax machine uses the internet to do fax via email or the like that's a different story, since it basically scans a picture at fax resolution and sends the image somewhere just like an email attachment. HughesNet should be able to support that. The only way it wouldn't work on reception is if the other end needed your IP address to make a direct connection and that raises a whole new set of problems that HughesNet doesn't support.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor

Your internet provider doesn't matter when it comes to faxes if you are using your landline phone service through Verizon...

Traditional faxes nothing to do with the internet provider, unless you happen to be using your internet provider for phone service, in this case, you are using Verizon, not Hughesnet as your phone provider.

Error 252 sounds like an HP error, related to PHONE LINE conditions being too poor.

Senior Instructor

Actually, it would help if we knew what make/model all-in-one we're talking about.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor