...sames kinds of issues there
Heh, I sound like Popeye Smiley Happy
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Though I understand what is being said about my speeds, like I said something is very odd!  It was 1/2 of that until I called in yesterday and spoke with Roger at Corporate! Now the speeds are running Higher!  So though they might be good NOW, they will slow back down if I'm not monitoring and complaining about it. As soon as I complain they automatically jump way up!  Please keep that in mind!  I've been doing this for 1 year now!
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Robert,

One thing I can guarantee you is that they are not waiting until you are no longer watching your speeds to throttle them.  If, in fact, they actually did anything, then the speeds will stay good until there is an actual problem, not a manufactured one.  If they didn't do anything, and you got good speeds, then just hope they stay the same.  No one is out to get you.  No one is going to deliberately slow your speeds.  They don't do that.  The number one thing that begins to slow speeds is more people online, hence the sometimes large drop in speeds during peak times. 

Again, no one is going to deliberately throttle you when you finally aren't looking. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Gabe, I appreciate your response. but it's just very odd that my speed will slow down even during the FREE time. I'll send emails and call Corporate and then the next day or even the same day speed will go from super slow to extremely fast all day and even during the peak times!  Odd!  How else would this be explained. I have all the data and the emails that can back each other up to show that 1 week before I emailed and my speeds were posted between 2am and 8am and then afternoons and then evens were very slow. I emailed ran speed test the following day for over a week and super fast speeds? Can you provide me with anything that would justify this?  Thanks!
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

All Hughes users share the same resource , that is the capacity of Echostar17 .. that will be broken down into 60 "beams". Each beam serves the users in its footprint. That beam will upload/download to a gateway facility. The gateway will have your assigned servers. You share capacity on those servers with other users . At times there will be more users connected and therefore speeds will slow during those periods.
While upgrades are always being done no company can build out to 150%.
Satellite will not, can not have the same consistency of ground based ISPs
Highlighted

Okay, okay, okay to everyone! Whew, I'm worn out!  It's just not worth it any longer and sorry I posted at all. Thanks for all the feedback and comments. Luckily my contract was over as of last month and with all this feedback it helped me to make an informed decision. I've just signed up with Centurylink and have an install for Friday 4/8. I decided after all of this to go else where. I've been battling this for over a year and "I" know something is wrong. I've seen hundreds of other people complaining of the same thing all over the internet. I do have knowledge of how the SAT internet works, speeds depending on time of day and all that good stuff! All of this is such OLD news to me.  All I can state are the facts: I print out my test results different times per day all week. I email support or call Corporate. I then start checking speeds and then they amazingly start working extremely fast for weeks and then just fall off!  The I restart the process and then the speeds start up again!  Its' not rocket science to put 2 and 2 together. I have the raw data and the emails and the comps!  Thanks and I'm so looking forward to my Centurylink on Friday!
Highlighted

Yes sir! I did
Highlighted
New Poster

Hope your close to a switch, I came from Centurylink in 2008 because the lines between me and the switch were just good enough to make the connection, but every week or so I would lose connection and it would take another week for them to come fix it and its always a patch no new wires to the house, after a year of that I switch to hughesnet, plus centurylink could only give me 3Mbps when it was running good
Highlighted

Hey Charles!  Yes, I'm only a few thousand feet from the switch and can get 10Mbps unlimited for $34.95 with a 2 year contract. I had them before Hughes and could only get 1.5 so I left for something better which was actually worse! I never had any issues and the Tech is my neighbor. So I don't have to worry about our internet here as I'm sure he doesn't want to lose his.