cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW internet

New Poster

SLOW internet

I just switched over to Hughes Net 3 days ago.. I am ready to cancel and go back to my original Internet provider TODAY, as my 3 days are up unless I can get the speed back to what I paid for.. After today Hughes says I have a penalty to cancel...I did a few tests on testmy.net and showing 1.2 to 2M upload speed..Not sure how to send the results to support

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Professor I

Re: SLOW internet

The penalty applies as soon as the service is installed, which for you means 3 days ago.

What speed did you pay for? Speeds are not guaranteed; they are advertised as up to 25 Mbps down / 3 Mbps up, and there are many disclaimers on the site and in the contract. 

New Poster

I have taken the speed test 4 or 5 times this morning, and every one is between 1.36  and 2.32 for download.. I paid for 5G...

Tags (1)

Not sure what you mean when you say you paid for 5G.  There's no such thing.  You pay for a data package of 10, 20, 30, or 50 gigabytes.  The speeds are not guaranteed, so you can see slow speeds dependent on many factors. All of this is openly available on the HN website. 

To have speed issues addressed on this community, please follow this procedure: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

deankrahn wrote:

I have taken the speed test 4 or 5 times this morning, and every one is between 1.36  and 2.32 for download.. I paid for 5G...

New Poster

We need the results. That's the URL you get when you click My Results.   EDIT: make sure you're logged into your Testmy.net account before you get the URL. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@deankrahn wrote:

I paid for 5G...

To allay any confusion, HughesNet's present service is Gen 5.  5G is a fairly new, unrelated service provided by cell carriers.

It also looks like the following are your results...

https://testmy.net/quickstats/DeanKrahn

Please be sure to follow the instructions linked by maratsade and use the manual 25MB size for download tests and 3MB size for upload tests.   The reps need those test sizes to be used so that all of the tests are uniform.  Tests run not using those sizes will not be of use to them.  As well, please be sure to space the tests at least five minutes apart.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit