cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS! IVE SPENT HOURS LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER! I'm fed up with researching PC System Essentials to learn what it is for!

SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS! IVE SPENT HOURS LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER! I'm fed up with researching PC System Essentials to learn what it is for!

What is the purpose of PC System Essentials? Is it compatible with mobile devices? Can I remove it from my account since I do not have any type of PC system or laptop? I have a kindle fire 5 a PlayStation 3 that is 90% if the time used for Netflix only 3 smartphone an iPod and an Android tablet. I've only had my Hughes Net since the 4th.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS! IVE SPENT HOURS LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER! I'm fed up with researching PC System Essentials to learn what it is for!

Just d/c it !!! 86 it !!! Cut it off !!! I only have tablets & phones & it is only for desk tops & Laptops I think so get it off your account !!!
Alum

Re: SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS! IVE SPENT HOURS LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER! I'm fed up with researching PC System Essentials to learn what it is for!

Hello r71395t81915,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! PC essentials is a security suite available to our customers. During your sales call it was most likely offered to you. However it is only for Microsoft based computers. You can remove it from your account by logging into the customer support center. There is a section labeled premium services which should have it listed. Or you can also give us a call if you need help with the process. Let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Chris

I need to know more about my current internet speed.
Distinguished Professor III

Arthur,

You can run some speed tests at http://testmy.net/.  You should use the manual 12MB size for download tests and 2MB size for upload tests. 

You can sign up for an account there, but you don't have to.   It's up to you if you do.  The advantage to doing so is it will keep a record of the tests you've run so you can look at them any time. 

You can also run speed tests using Hughesnet's own test.   You can do so by signing in at http://my.hughesnet.com/

These two tests are set up with protocols that are amenable to satellite internet, and are the two accepted as accurate.  I prefer testmy.net, but that's just me.

Also, when running speed tests, keep in mind that your speeds may be lower during peak usage times.  This is due to a higher number of people being on the service at that time.  Peak usage times are normally in the evening and morning hours, and right around 2:00AM.   

Good luck. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for posting. There isn't enough info listed on your profile for us to pull up your account. However feel free to create a new post with your modems serial and we'll be able to assist. 

Thank you,
Chris