cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Not getting promised service- So MAD and Frustrated!

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: STILL Not getting promised service- So MAD and Frustrated!

Damian,

I left my home again on December 5th. Everything was turned off. Kindle and cell phone went with me. I returned today (16th) to find that I am at 82%!! I was on my computer on Dec 3rd to pay bills and then shut it down. On Dec 4th I was in and out running last minute errands and packing. I left on the 5th. Something is wrong somewhere and I cannot believe the beam is using my data! Please help!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@VickyA 

Just make sure to NOT unplug or reboot the modem before a rep has the chance to look at the logs.  I'm sure they'll be able to tell you what it was that used your data.

You may be able to see yourself, as well, by looking on this page.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

@VickyA,

After monitoring your account from the 4th to the 16th, I was unable to locate any devices using data for this period of time. This means that there may indeed be a data leak somewhere and will require the help of our engineers to investigate. In order to have this issue investigated and escalated, please run a Modem Isolation Test. Information on this process is can be found by reviewing this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Where-s-my-bytes-Testing-for-data-leaks/m-p/77194#M5.... After you post your results, I will have this escalated          

-Damian    

Highlighted

@VickyA,

Please make sure you also disable the WiFi during this test. Instructions on how to do this can be found here https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Turning-off-built-in-wifi/td-p/75043

-Damian 

Highlighted
New Poster

I live in a rural area so Hughes Net was about my only option for internet. I wanted to be able to stream movies from Netflix or Prime. I have had my service since October 2018. I was told, and I quote, "the military uses Hughes and even the slowest speeds will stream Netflix." WRONG!!! It doesn't matter the time of the month, I can't stream movies. Constant buffering. Yes, I went through all the tech mumbo jumbo with nothing changing. A lot of times my computer doesn't want to load simple pages or a game I play. My son doesn't seem to have problems with his PlayStation (that I know of.) Moral of the story...unfortunately I have to keep paying for a service I can't use for what I wanted it for until October 2020. I get better streaming if I hotspot my cell phone.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Bobbie, I can stream just fine at relatively low speed, and so can others.  You may have other issues that are affecting your ability to stream (such as congestion, or specific settings on devices).   If you would like help from this community troubleshooting you system and finding solutions, I suggest that you go to the Tech Support page and click on "Start a topic," then provide some detail about what's going on.  What data package do you have? What time of the day do you try to stream?  What devices do you use to stream?  Have you tried turning off the Video Data Saver and see if that improves the experience?  

Highlighted
New Poster

I had a gentleman from tech tell me to turn on video data saver. I work 2nd shift so I am trying to stream at 1:30 in the morning. As I said, I have been on the phone with tech over this issue. No help. I don't know if the fact that there were issues when mine was installed has anything to do with it.
Highlighted
New Poster

Also my computer is connected on the 2G (it won't connect to the 5G) my tv is connected to the 5G.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Yeah, we need to figure out what's going on here. Would you mind starting a new topic  under Tech Support? Just click on "Start a new topic." It'll help visibility and increase the chances of prompt help if you have your own thread. 

Highlighted
Sophomore

Damian,

I have performed test as you suggested. For some reason I cannot upload my screenshots here.  Can you give me some help?  I tried copy/paste, upload photos.....I don't know what I am doing wrong??

VickyA