Same old, same old, can't register for forum,

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LGriffin
Sophomore

Same old, same old, can't register for forum,

I received this after trying to register for a Forum to get help partitions on my Ubuntu computer.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

@xxxxxx@users.sf.net (after RCPT TO): 550-Message rejected. Your IP (69.168.97.48) has been flagged for sending SPAM
550-by the UCE Protect Level 1 blocklist. For more information, see
550 http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php .
At least every 3 months this is a problem can Hughes find an email admin to correct??

Larry

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

This happens because of HughesNet email addresses being used for Spam, unfortunately.  The only thing you can do is either request that the ban by the site be lifted, which is very unlikely to happen, or create a free email account using Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. and use that email address for your forum registration.  

I always recommend people avoid ISP provided email.  Not that there's anything specifically wrong with HughesNet's, but ISP provided email is progressively going by the wayside, and 3rd party providers, like those mentioned, can be used universally, regardless of your ISP.  Plus, unlike some ISP provided email, you can "take it with you".  

There will likely come a time when HughesNet no longer provides email.  Not anytime soon, but it's likely to eventually happen.

Liz

Good morning LGriffin,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!