Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite Receive Signal Strength

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Satellite Receive Signal Strength

@Todd2 wrote:
Can I get someone to come to my plase and figure out why mine has been crap from the very first. Worst ever intranet

If you'd like support, please start your own topic and explain the issue you're having.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

Remy,

When you say unplug the equipment do you want me to just kill the power to it or unplug all the cables from the modem.

Thanks

Tim

Highlighted

Tim,

Please unplug the cord from the power box, the other cables are okay to leave alone!

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Sophomore

I can do that now or first thing in the morning, whatever works for you.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

you might want to do it now. It's 4:30 here on the east coast and they leave at 5.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Okay, I will be off of the air, I am starting to get error messages again anyway.

12.1.12 -- A transmit problem has occurred
Highlighted

Tim,

I was able to go ahead and get the dispatch set up for you! The earliest date we had was Thursday, Aug 20, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. If that doesn't work for you, the technician will call before coming out and you can reschedule!

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Sophomore

That will work, have the tech call me for directions, cell service does not come in out here.

@Remy wrote:

Tim,

I was able to go ahead and get the dispatch set up for you! The earliest date we had was Thursday, Aug 20, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. If that doesn't work for you, the technician will call before coming out and you can reschedule!

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
New Poster

Forgive my question but I'm fairly new with satelitte.  How do you check the signal strength?  Our Roku keeps getting kicked off the internet connection and then buffers like crazy and I was wondering of our dish needed to be realigned.  

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@scoe01 

Using a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem, whether by WiFi or LAN cable, you can see Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the following page...

http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

This may not tell you a lot, though, as signal strength can vary from beam to beam and location within the beam.  

If you need help, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.  This will keep your issue separate from the OP's.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro