cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite Receive Signal Strength

Highlighted
Sophomore

Satellite Receive Signal Strength

Just wondering what my signal strength should be.  I have a signal strength of 61 right now and when the system was installed it was 94.  I am curious because my connection seems real slow and it takes forever for any webpages to load.  The zip code here is 93930, the satellite info is:

Satellite NameEchoStar-19-NAD  Gateway ID10  Beam ID70  Outroute ID  1

Thanks

Tim

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Satellite Receive Signal Strength

60 seems low, given that there's no precip in your area, and could mean that packet errors are causing resends. That would also cause slowness.

It could mean you may need a dish alignment, however it's also possible that your ground station (Missoula, MT) is having an issue. Recommend waiting for an admin to check things for you. They're not here on the weekends.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks for the feedback Mark, I will see what the admin folks think about it tomorrow.

Tim

Highlighted

For the King City area and beam 70 and a .74 dish. 60 to 70 is normal in that area. Now. Depending on where you are at in King City. North or south. It could be moved to beam 54..

Highlighted
Sophomore

I am about 25 miles Northeast of King City.  I don't know what is going on but all the web pages I try to go to seem to take forever to load, some only load halfway.  When I say slow I mean I can click on a website and leave the room for a couple of minutes and when I come back it still might be trying to load.

I had an old computer so I thought that might be the problem, I went out a got a new computer and router and still the same results.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Anyone have a good detailed beam map for central California so I can see if I should still be on beam 70?

Thanks

Tim

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

You can see what beam you're on by going to http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

Look next to Beam ID. 

Highlighted
Sophomore

Maratsade, thanks for that information.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Maratsade, I followed that link you sent but I did know I was on beam 70.  What I would like to know is if I should still be on that beam, someone earlier had mentioned beam 54.

Thank-you

Tim

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

If that's what the SCC shows, that' s the beam you're on. 

@tim1966 wrote:

Maratsade, I followed that link you sent but I did know I was on beam 70.  What I would like to know is if I should still be on that beam, someone earlier had mentioned beam 54.

Thank-you

Tim