Schedule Amazon Prime Video Download Time

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgray58
Freshman

Schedule Amazon Prime Video Download Time

I have Amazon Prime and felt I was shorted on several features due to having Hughesnet. **bleep**, I still feel I am shorted. I saw a couple threads asking how to schedule Amazon Prime Video downloads to occur during "bonus" time but neither fully gave a good answer and both are now locked. But here is how you do it if you are using Windows 10 - 1) You must have an Amazon Prime subscription and the Amazon Prime Video app from The Microsoft Store. Open the app and identify what you want to download but don't start the download. Or start and then pause in the app. Your choice. 2) At 10PM wherever you live, start the download. 3) Go to Settings - Network and WiFi - WiFi. 4) Look on right side of screen. See the Wi-Fi button ON? Turn it off. 5) You then get a selection menu - Turn WiFi back on - with 4 options - Manual, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day. (If you don't get this, update Windows 10 and come back.) 6) Select 4 hours, close Settings, and open the Prime Video app. 7) Start the download of the show you want. It won't start because WiFi is turned off. (But you knew that already, right?) 😎 Go to bed. (Or whatever else you want to do other than use the same computer to surf the Internet.) When you wake up, maybe the movie is fully downloaded and maybe not. (I'm hearing bad things about the "bonus" time so maybe it is still not fully downloaded. You can go to the Prime Video app and pause the download for the day and then repeat the steps. Hope this helps. (Or it may hurt if more people do this and speeds drop for all. Your decision.)
4 REPLIES 4
rgray58
Freshman

Forgot to say that this works because Prime Video will auto-restart a download if the WiFi is interrupted. If some other app does the same thing you can apply the same technique to schedule during "bonus" time. If not, this jtechnique won't work.
rgray58
Freshman

Forgot to say that this works because Prime Video will auto-restart a download if the WiFi is interrupted. If some other app does the same thing you can apply the same technique to schedule during "bonus" time. If not, this technique won't work.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It's unfortunate that you feel the need to taint with foul language what might otherwise be good advice.  

This is a support community, not social media. 

I didn't even notice that H - E - double hockey sticks - was flagged. Lighten up, Francis.