cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking a Moderator to Look Into my Connection Issues

Senior

Seeking a Moderator to Look Into my Connection Issues

Liz, would you mind looking into my connection issues please.  **bleep** Weather Bug for the current weather in Duluth...it was not raining nor was there any rain indicated on the weather map.  I have 2 screen shots of my SCC page that show the system status as yellow and red.  Both around midnight and one week apart.  Here is one of them.  My Google Home devices are often slooow to respond and sometimes will say "hold on while I connect to the wifi".  Or smart lights won't turn on or off and say they can't be reached right now. Tech support says nothing is wrong.  Once, they said my dish was a bit out of alignment and fixed it.  That was at a time I couldn't even get on line.  So to recap, my issues are staying connected and slow browsing.  Everything was working like clockwork till about 2 weeks ago.  ThanksHughesNet.jpg

20 REPLIES 20
Senior

Re: Seeking a Moderator to Look Into my Connection Issues

I have no idea what happened to my message Smiley Surprised  Luckily I copied it and it's still on my clipboard....

Liz, would you mind looking into my connection issues please.  **bleep** Weather Bug for the current weather in Duluth...it was not raining nor was there any rain indicated on the weather map.  I have 2 screen shots of my SCC page that show the system status as yellow and red.  Both around midnight and one week apart.  Here is one of them.  My Google Home devices are often slooow to respond and sometimes will say "hold on while I connect to the wifi".  Or smart lights won't turn on or off and say they can't be reached right now. Tech support says nothing is wrong.  Once, they said my dish was a bit out of alignment and fixed it.  That was at a time I couldn't even get on line.  So to recap, my issues are staying connected and slow browsing.  Everything was working like clockwork till about 2 weeks ago.  Thanks

Tags (1)
Senior

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong???

Distinguished Professor III

@monicakm 

Something is going a bit goofy with the system lately, where it bleeps arbitrary things and, in the process, also deletes parts of the post surrounding the bleeped info.  What's causing the system to do this is a mystery, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.  So, you're not doing anything wrong.  The system is.  

The reps are now off until tomorrow, but Liz or another should reply then.  With that said, sometimes Damian is on during the evenings as of late, so you may still get a reply tonight.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Alrighty, I'll try it again Gab...

Liz, would you mind looking into my connection issues please.  **bleep** Weather Bug for the current weather in Duluth...it was not raining nor was there any rain indicated on the weather map.  I have 2 screen shots of my SCC page that show the system status as yellow and red.  Both around midnight and one week apart.  Here is one of them.  My Google Home devices are often slooow to respond and sometimes will say "hold on while I connect to the wifi".  Or smart lights won't turn on or off and say they can't be reached right now. Tech support says nothing is wrong.  Once, they said my dish was a bit out of alignment and fixed it.  That was at a time I couldn't even get on line.  So to recap, my issues are staying connected and slow browsing.  Everything was working like clockwork till about 2 weeks ago.  Thanks

Senior

My wifi connection keeps dropping causing major havoc with all my IOTs.  Please help!

With the bleeping, my suggestion would be to take your last post with the bleep, edit it with the words that are missing, take a snapshot of it, then add the snapshot of the correct post.  This way, when it bleeps again, which it probably will, it will still be posted as a picture.  I'll post a pic at the end to show you what I mean.

If it's only your WiFi connection is dropping, but not your actual internet connection, I would try either moving the device closer to the modem to get a better signal, or even try the alternate radio (2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz, or even vice versa).  If it's a single device that this is happening with, you may also want to try reinstalling the driver for the WiFi adapter in the device.  If that doesn't help, and if you have the ability to do so, try using a device that can connect to the modem via LAN cable, at least until a rep can reply tomorrow to run diagnostics and figure out what might be wrong.

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@monicakm 

I should have added that, one other thing you can try is power cycling the modem, though I don't know if it will help.  To do so, shut down your device, then unplug the modem at either the wall outlet or the power pack (NOT the plug at the back of the modem).  After waiting for at least a minute, plug the modem back in.  Then, after waiting for at least five minutes, which will give the modem a chance to be fully back up and ready, start your device and try again.  

If none of this helps, it's likely that you'll have to wait until a rep replies tomorrow. Smiley Sad  With that said, please be sure to leave you modem plugged in, if you normally don't, so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, if they deem it necessary.

Senior

Thanks Gabe!  I have power cycled the modem several times.  I've done the reboot on the HugesNet page.  I've rebooted my router.  My router firmware is up to date.  I've made sure all cables are securely seated.  I don't know of anything else I can do.   Here is an image of my message to Liz (or anyone that could help)...

Clipboard01.jpg

Senior

Gabe, well now I'm not sure what is dropping Smiley Surprised  When I say "wifi is dropping", I'm assuming and meaning I have no internet connection.  All the IOT devices (GH devices, smart outlets and smart lights and wifi thermostat) are where they've always been and always worked.  It's not just one, it's all of them.  I have had them on the 2.4ghz and 5 on both the HughesNet modem/wifi and my Netgear router.  It's all the IOT devices in my house.  For instance, asking GH "what's the temperature?" normally takes 3 seconds to respond.  It just took 12 seconds.  Many times the devices don't respond at all or say there was a glitch.  My browsing is slow and the SCC shows degraded and down system status so when I ask for a light to turn on or to turn the thermostat down, it takes much longer or doesn't happen at all.  And as I said earlier, all this has worked near perfect for months and months, years acutally.  Nothing has changed or been recently added.