cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails through hughes

Highlighted
New Poster

Sending emails through hughes

I have had an email address with crawkan for years and don't won't to switch I reicieve emails through that acount on hughes but when I try to send it fails tried to set up the account to send emails it doesn't recognize the account ????

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Sending emails through hughes

@HHerring502 

It's very likely that the reps will have to help you with this.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, and they usually respond within a working day, so hopefully you'll see a reply from one on Monday.  If they need any personal information from you, which is likely because of the type of issue, they'll ask for it through PM for the sake of privacy.  

On a separate note, though I have absolutely nothing against HughesNet's email and it's worked fine for my purposes, I always tend to recommend using something like Gmail or YahooMail when a more permanent email solution is needed or being sought.  The main reason is that you can always use either of those emails regardless of your current internet service, whereas you lose access to HughesNet's email if/when you move on from HughesNet.  And, though I have no idea of the plans of HughesNet with regard to their email, ISP provided email is progressively going by the wayside, so there may come a day when HughesNet no longer offers their own email service. 

I hope you can get your current email issues straightened out quickly.  Smiley Happy 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Good morning HHerring502,

Thank you for posting, I'd like to look into this further. From what I undersand, you're trying to send e-mail from your ckt.net e-mail address via your HughesNet internet connection, but sending e-mails no longer works?

If I could please get more details about this, it can help us narrow our focus.

When did you first notice the e-mails not sending?

Can you receive e-mail?

Are you able to send e-mail via a non-HughesNet connection (like via cellular)?

Are you getting an error message e-mailed back to you after trying to send?

If so, what is the error message?

Are you using a 3rd party client to send e-mail, like Outlook or Thunderbird?

Finally, please private message me the e-mail address you're using to try to send, as well as the e-mail address(es) to which you're sending.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Good morning HHerring502, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.