cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent emails go to spam

dutchhenry

Sent emails go to spam

When I send email messages they are going into the recievers spam box. they are going into the spam box even when sent to people with who I have sent mail to in the past and my address is in their address box. I use thunderbird as my email program. Does a setting need to be changed? 

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Sent emails go to spam

It's possible that hughes.net has been flagged as spam.  Hopefully the reps will be able to tell you for sure what may be going on, and what needs to be done to remedy it.  

They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.   You should see a reply from one tomorrow.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Damian

@dutchhenry,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear your emails are going to the recipient's spam folders. As @GabeU stated, it is very possible that the email providers you are trying to send messages to have flagged hughes.net as spam or your specific address due to enough flag reports from users. I can do a bit of investigation here to see if there is anything we can do on our side. This may take about a day. In the meantime, if you can, I recommend asking the email recipients to make accommodations to remove your email from their spam list. That way anything you send should go to their normal inbox folder in the future. Every email provider is different but instructions to do so can be found through standard google searches. Most examples I see explain to have the recipients simply mark your emails or email address as "not spam". I would also recommend creating a new Hughes email address if possible, to test if the problem is with your specific email address or the source. I understand this is not exactly a fix to the issue, but it is something that can be done while I continue to investigate. I appreciate your patience in advance. 

-Damian    

Liz

Hi dutchhenry,

I hope Damian's suggestion helped. If your emails are ending up in other folks' spam folders, please have those recipients add your address as an allowed sender to bypass their spam filters.

Our e-mail admins are constantly working to combat spam and instances like this so they don't happen as often. If you have any other concerns feel free to reach out again.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!