Seriously agitated

New Poster

Seriously agitated

https://my.hughesnet.com/support?page=&tab=SpeedTest&_mpsource=Header

https://testmy.net/db/sHBMGjDf4

To whom it may concern:
The links above are 2 speed test per your instructions'

FYI,

Because the internet connection is so ridculously slow, I have spent over 3 hours of my personal time, on my day off, to try and oblige the HughesNet rules of proving slow speeds, absolutely unprofessional.
  I set up accounts at testmy.net and HughesNet sites in order to communicate (prove) I am experiencing an incredibly slow internet connection. The horribly slow interent from HughesNet caused me to fail my (Timed) math final, (each page took approx. 2 minutes to load) seriously upset about that since I took the HughesNet salesperson at their word, that the service would be more than sufficient to complete my online classes timely and accurately.

In regard to today's experience, I like to watch tv and I pay for it, does that mean I need to know how it is sent to the box or how to build the tv?  I like to use a microwave, do I need to know how to make one or must I decipher the rate of speed per second in which it cooks the food. No!  I use a cell phone and pay montlhy for it, but can I tell you how calls are dropped or why there are dead zones. If the reception is poor or not provided I will switch to another provide right? Do you get my point?
  If I purchase a service I shouldn't have to spend Any of my time trying to prove it's broken or help to fix it. I pay quite enough for the service, I don't get paid to learn how it works or how to explain the service or how to fix problems with the service.
   With the incredibley slow internet I have, it has taken way Too Much of my time to try to get decent professional service, answers and corrections for the extremely slow speed internet from HughesNet.
   The promises that I would have decent internet to complete my online schooling was Definitely exaggerated if not totally misleading.
   I was lied to about the monthly price, I have never recieved a formal written or emailed contract and there has never been an exact meeting of the minds which I discussed with a HughesNet telephone representative twice in one month.
   SInce I do not like making business traansactions over the phone with nothing in writing, for these particular reasons but I was convinced,  so shame on me and I suppose buyer beware right?
   Now I am locked into a 2 year contract for a service that is Not what I was told it would be.
To add insult to injury, the technician that set up the service was too large to go under the house and my grandson was kind enought oblige while the tech whined to him that his knee was bad and he wouldn't be able to complete the job. Maybe my grandson should have been added to the HughesNet payroll even tho my installation fee was waived, thank you for that since my grandson did hald of the work.
  I am so fed up with companies getting rich off the backs of the rest of us while not providing the services they initially offer to get you hooked up for auto deduct from your bank account and then cause this much havoc in my life, why ?
   Which by the way, I was charged incorrectly as per the sales phone discussion, but then again you know have my debit card so what am I to do but to take more time out of my very busy life to try and get the company taking my money to provide the services and cost arrangements they promised Over the Phone, and not take advantage of a customer.
It all makes sense now because of the lies.

Is it the plan to keep the consumer distracted, busy and confused to avoid detection, lawsuits and unfulfilled contracts.

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Seriously agitated

@vmarsau 

If you're looking for help for your speed issues, please do the following...

First, make sure you are not out of data and being throttled.  You can do so at the System Control Center, or by looking at your HughesNet Usage Meter.  Secondly, if you are not out of data and being throttled, please make sure that you are presently showing a 0.0.0 State Code in the System Summary Box on this page.  If you are not out of data, AND you are showing a 0.0.0 State Code, please proceed to the following, which are speed tests that will need to be run in order for the reps here to help you.  Though you may have already run some other speed tests, the reps here will need tests from testmy.net and they will need to be run in a certain way, which is outlined below.  This is to not only demonstrate that there is a speed issue, but also to show how severe it is, and if there are any patterns.  Please be sure to run the tests as outlined in the instructions below.  Please also be sure to run them while signed into the vmarsau account that you already created.  

------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen5 Service Plan

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site (due to being an older site, the stated test sizes are incorrect for Gen5 (please use the test sizes listed in the instructions above, in bold, for Gen5)).

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I'm with you all there stuff says it's fine on my parents speed checks pass but every device that's ever been connected slow.. but they say it's fine contacted several times and say it's good but it has never been..worst customer service I have ever dealt with.
Distinguished Professor IV

@Jstrom 

If you're looking for help for your stated speed issues, please follow the instructions given the OP, but please start a new topic when posting the results to keep your individual issue separate.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit