Service down again tonight

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IntoTheWoods
Junior

Service down again tonight

For the third time in two weeks, my service is down tonight, as opposed to merely slow. Same symptoms, not worth describing again, particularly since HughesNet must know perfectly well what is going on. I am tethered to my iPhone's fringe Verizon signal at the moment.

I called telephone tech support and went as far as the "Internet is down" question. Given that the robo-voice says that call volume is "extremely heavy" (I don't doubt it), I refuse to stay on the phone.

Folks: Please don't quit calling HughesNet, and posting here, when your service is down or otherwise does not live up to the promises HughesNet made when you subscribed. Our bills keep coming right on schedule, whether HughesNet provides the service or not.

18 REPLIES 18
ml520
Junior

My service is totally down right now, too. Normally just very slow, but completely down with lots of red X's on my system status. Have to use my cell network to access Internet. I can't even get through to Hughes on their support #. I get the "number is no longer in service" tones. I've tried five times, same thing each time.

No service 30 mile south of ATL.. we have an inactive cable line on our street due to the railroad refusing to grant an easement across the tracks. no DSL, at&t says will never happen>>>

ecs5298
New Poster

Mine too for the last couple of hours.  Glad too see its not just me. 

Echostar-19-NAD

Beam 31

My service is down also. Even tried calling 866-347-3292 and there tech support line isn't working.

Completely down here, too.

If I lived 5 miles in any direction I could have sweet sweet Comcast or AT&T, but no. There’s an invisible boundary where no actual internet provider will cross. I can go to the freaking gas station and get better internet.

If HughesNet weren’t the only option, I’d throw the modem out the window and never look back.

Down here in rural Southeastern Oklahoma.

Down here too.  

I believe I am 1 mile or LESS from where Comcast’s ran... if you are frustrated imagine how I feel. Lol.   

Agreed!~

Hughesnet just annouced service should be restored in a few hours!

Hughes Net is garbage across the board.

Down here in south east Texas too. Busy signal on support line.

Three replies in four minutes by others whose service also is down.

It's tempting to silently, passively, wait until service comes back up. Don't! Never fail to complain, time consuming and irritating as it is (and is meant to be). Because I have lost confidence both in HughesNet's business integrity AND in their technical competence, I don't doubt that they are testing customer limits to discover what is the very least level of service that we will tolerate before we escalate to levels that HughesNet cannot ignore. We want what we were promised: True broadband with an industry-acceptable standard for uptime.

Service out south of Buffalo, north of Orleans, NY. Sat TV working fine, rebooted, connectivity test states gateway cannot be reached.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@IntoTheWoods wrote:

Because I have lost confidence both in HughesNet's business integrity AND in their technical competence, I don't doubt that they are testing customer limits to discover what is the very least level of service that we will tolerate before we escalate to levels that HughesNet cannot ignore.   

And the fatal shot came from the grassy knoll.  SMH.  

@GabeU

Your apologetics would be rational if HughesNet's reputation with previous systems was any better. But they are well on their way to demonstrating that they're a company that can take an extraordinary piece of engineering like EchoStar 19 and wreck it in a matter of months.

Kaseyshopping
New Poster

This is the first time my service has been down. Watched the modem lights blink out one by one until the whole system, transmit and receive were gone. Hoping for a fast quick fhx!
wyomingwx9303
New Poster

Down here in Colorado as well. Just another day in Hughesnet paradise.
JerryLantz
Spectator

Im in Alabama and mine is down YET AGAIN

I have been down more than up over the past few months, I call and they say Im under contract yet they dont fufill they end of the contract

I connected another provider so I have internet