Shouldn’t have to run tests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teamkpprinevill
New Poster

Shouldn’t have to run tests

Why do I the paying customer have to run tests when the technician can see what's going on from their end. I have asked for help several times and have received nothing, zero , nada. 

i can't help but wonder if it's not done on purpose in order to steer customers over to the dish network in order to help a failing business partner 

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps can see the modem, and most times the modem is working fine, so for them to try to figure out what's going on, you need to run tests on your side.  Testing by customers is required from Verizon, Apple, Microsoft, Xfinity, and others. It's not just HughesNet and it's not related to any partnerships. It's how troubleshooting works. 

Have you called Tech Support? If so, you should have case numbers that you can post here for the HughesNet reps on this site to see the history of your case. Or you can contact the HughesNet reps on social media.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@teamkpprinevill 

If the problem isn't on their end and they can't see the cause of it, troubleshooting has to be done from your end, which they can't do remotely.  The speed testing is a part of that troubleshooting.