Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Downloads speeds all day long/download speeds are good all day long

Freshman

Re: Slow Downloads speeds all day long/download speeds are good all day long

OK, the last results here are with wifi disabled:

https://testmy.net/quickstats/suttnertoo

I saved the settings on round one but apparently didn't stick.  Hope gthey do this time!

Don

Freshman

Still didn't get them all disabled....think they are now:

https://testmy.net/quickstats/suttnertoo

Don

Freshman

Thanks Gabe!  I was trying to do it all at once and it doesn't stick!

Don

Donald,

Thank you for providing me with these results. It does appear you have now successfully disabled all radios on the HT2000W modem. I attempted to run a speed test on our end as well and it appears you have exceeded your monthly data allowance for the month. You do still have almost all of you Bonus Zone of 50GBs remaining, between 2 AM and 8 AM. Since running out of data will reduce speeds, I added a token of data to test your normal speeds and they do appear to still be lower than the threshold. In light of this development, I have now escalated your case to be investigated. While your equipment is functioning perfectly, the issue may be network related. I will have an update for you in the next few days regarding our findings. Once again I appreciate your patience while we investigate the cause. 

-Damian 

Distinguished Professor IV

@suttnertoo wrote:

Thanks Gabe!  I was trying to do it all at once and it doesn't stick!

Don

You're very welcome.  Smiley Happy  

BTW, just in case you ever need it and don't already have it, here's the User Guide for the HT2000W.  Though it doesn't say anything about needing to disable each radio individually, which I learned through trial and error, it does have some good info.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Thanks Damian, I will add additional tokens as well.  I am interested in migrating to a program with more data but not until we get the download speed issue resolved of course.

Don

Freshman

Thanks Gabe.  I appreciate your watchful eye over the community.  It gives the whole concept credibility and traction!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@suttnertoo 

Thank you very much for the compliment.  I truly appreciate it.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Donald,

I have provided the results of the investigation via private message. Please refer there for specific details.

-Damian